how to turn boost up

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
I know I should know this but how do you turn up boost my car only show 10-12lbs of boost on autometer, car had the adj wastegate rod just not sure of the exact way to do it, also does anything alse increase/decrease boost chip? ECM? etc? Thanks

up and down with rod... turn it...however..... if you do not know how to tune your car....and a scan tool and know how to read it.... I would advise you to leave it alone......

shortening the wastegate rod increases boost.
I prefer to stick to 17 lbs. at max with Eric's 93 octane chip,which IIRC has 19* of timing.

Approx 1 complete turn =1lb of boost, but that is not always the case, you may get boost creep. 1 complete turn, and see how much boost you gain, repeat this method until you reach desired boost level. Damage may occur from beating on the car to hard! I suggest to let the car cool for 1 hour after 2 hard pulls, or if water temp reach 200*.

I was thinking right about how to do it, its just that only 10-11lbs of boost doesnt seem like enough maybe 15lbs seems like right?

I was thinking right about how to do it, its just that only 10-11lbs of boost doesnt seem like enough maybe 15lbs seems like right?

Every car is different. Yes, 10-11 is below stock levels but you should proceed with caution regardless. It's always best to make sure you are fueled well enough and you have a scan tool to see what effect more boost has on your car. It's also good to know what the chip supports.

Just a thought, your "y" on the vacuum hose on the wastegate is not in backwards is it? 10-11 lbs of boost just sounds kind of familiar.:wink:

15lbs

It is low. If the car is not stumbling over it nose the "y" is on correct. Also the car came stock at 14-15lbs.

no y splitter present

since had car the y splitter is not there the hose just goes from one inlet to the other on the turbo itself sorta just wrapped around, FP is good , yes scanmaster, TT chip set for 18lbs boost, 42lb injectors, and yes it stumbles bad when it gets at high rpm (I think its something else) :confused:

since had car the y splitter is not there the hose just goes from one inlet to the other on the turbo itself sorta just wrapped around, FP is good , yes scanmaster, TT chip set for 18lbs boost, 42lb injectors, and yes it stumbles bad when it gets at high rpm (I think its something else) :confused:

you should post your scanmaster numbers and let some of the more exp. tuner's here help you..... or since you have a TT chip post on his board...

What is your FP when it starts to stumble? I did not see that you have an upgraded fuel pump or hot wire kit for it either.

Shorten the rod for more boost,lengthen for less. Might have to use a "Bleeder Valve" if want more then a stock actuater can put out(roughly 14-17psi). 19 psi on 93 octane about all you want to go with stock type car,22psi on racing gas!!...8^)

Enjoy!

thats your problem!!! you need the y because it has a restrictor in it to get the boost up. try to locate one if you can