how to tell,6.0L, 2008

ronbros999

how to tell, i have a 2008 engine(i'm told), out of a silverado 2500HD?

is it an LQ4,, LY6,, L76,,??

it is iron block with 317 heads,, 4L80E trans, ECU and harness,, al from same vehicle.

THX

Do U have the VIN that it came out of? If not, U have the means to read the PCM??
Look at the rear edge of the block, dr side, and see if there are numbers lasered there. If the trans is a match to the engine, the upper lt edge on the bellhsg should have the same numbers...Post them up.

I tried everything to SEE the back of the engine or trans. bell. mirrors, flex rod,etc. trying to find the block number, no luck.

this engine is stuffed back so far nothing is visible, fire wall is dented in so it dont touch, about a 1/4" clearence, both sides.

it would be nice to really know what it is, it runs great tho.

I tried everything to SEE the back of the engine or trans. bell. mirrors, flex rod,etc. trying to find the block number, no luck.

this engine is stuffed back so far nothing is visible, fire wall is dented in so it dont touch, about a 1/4" clearence, both sides.

it would be nice to really know what it is, it runs great tho.

If it's still in the truck, LOOK at the VIN!!:rolleyes:
Then, using the amazing capabilities of GOOGLE, look what I found here....
http://www.google.com/search?q=2008 GM truck engine VIN decode&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

engine is in an 85 GN, and mounted as far back as they could do it. cant see anything back there.

its deffinetly a truck by the intake mani. and front drive stuff.

well, it runs great, reflashed ECU, 4L80e, 3.73 gn rear, full 3" exhaust, lot of suspen.mods.

thx for the info.

ron