How to maximize your SLIC.

That is definitely a cool idea, and I hope that experimental thinking never stops. Though, if I needed more SLIC performance, I'd just buy a gbody or precision slic, bolt it on, and be done with it :)

New best.

This thing's still going strong. Here's a pic that someone just sent me of my car at the track two weeks ago, showing the intercooler scoop in the down position. This was a 10.55 run @123 mph, on 91 oct and alky. Some people have told me that my little V4 SLIC is a big restriction. Well, on this day my car went 126 mph into a 15-20 mph head wind, on only 22.5 lbs of boost. Guess I need to crank the boost up a bid more to find this "restriction".:D I will admit that my car puts away enough alky to drink Charlie Sheen under the table.:eek:

5498956034_b43dd8bb09_o.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

This thing's still going strong. Here's a pic that someone just sent me of my car at the track two weeks ago, showing the intercooler scoop in the down position. This was a 10.55 run @123 mph, on 91 oct and alky. Some people have told me that my little V4 SLIC is a big restriction. Well, on this day my car went 126 mph into a 15-20 mph head wind, on only 22.5 lbs of boost. Guess I need to crank the boost up a bid more to find this "restriction".:D I will admit that my car puts away enough alky to drink Charlie Sheen under the table.:eek:

5498956034_b43dd8bb09_o.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

that's an awesome pic..... always like your threads showcasing your ingenuity and attention to detail.... definitely kewl stuff..... i think Red Armstrong has/had something like this on his car too.... but dunno for sure...

keep it up.... inspiring all of us:biggrin:

Now that you're lifting the hoops, you could actually make that scoop hang a little lower to grab more air!;)

hello; Your device reminds me of the Chaparel tran-am car who tall rear spoiler would level out when on the gas and angle when off for downforce. They even had a working rear spoiler on a slot car Chaparel.
cool cars
IBBY

Just got done making a pass with my Gopro camera under the car. You can see the bottom of the intercooler shroud go down under boost, and go back up when I let off. On this run, the car got sideways. I had to peddle it.:eek:
Full size the video, works best.

Mike B.

Just got done making a pass with my Gopro camera under the car. You can see the bottom of the intercooler shroud go down under boost, and go back up when I let off. On this run, the car got sideways. I had to peddle it.:eek:
Full size the video, works best.

Mike B.

That's pretty cool. I gotta get me a GoPro too!

Update.
Still functioning perfect after four years. Got board and finally decided to replace the old, cracked right side bracket on this thing. Had my buddy Jed fab up a new one out of 1/8" 6061 aluminum. Thanks Jed.:)

From the bottom.

Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard

hello people; To snaze it up more you could put a radius on those sharp edges. IMO....
IBBY

hello people; To snaze it up more you could put a radius on those sharp edges. IMO....
IBBY

I have to agree with you. I did put about an 1/8" radius on the corners. The're not sharp. I think a 1/2"radius might look better.

Put a bit more radius on the corners. New bracket is back on the car.:)

Mike B.