how to make a GN handle corners ???

bryguy

BACK IN BLACK !!!
I love the stock rims ...but if it takes buying new ones and shocks what will make it handle better and what about lowering???
thanks, Bryan:eek:

My car is back together, swing over & I'll take you for a rip:D 17's rule:cool:
How's your car doing??
-Al

Hey Al

I know you don't work there anymore but I would love to find out where you are located if you want work. Please E-mail me at bryguy@metro2000.net with a phone # or adress Thanks, Bryan:eek: d

i believe that Hotchkis has a tubular A-arm kit for GN's. the editor of Turbo & HIgh-Tech Performance magazine installed it on his GN, along with 17'' rims and Hotchkis suspennsion. the car was lowered 1.5'' on all four corners and looked damn good. needless to say the carr handled a lot better.

Eibach sells a spring kit for the G-body

its a 1 inch drop in the front and 1.5 in the back

makes the car looks real nice and changes the stance a bit

i think they are like $245 for a complete set

When the weather gets nicer we definatately should have a turbo fest get together with the NH turboheads:)

As far as handling goes maybe an ATR big rear swaybar would help too. What shocks you running?

Install a hollow front sway bar from a 3rd gen Camaro or Firebird with the performance suspension option (pontiac=WS6, camaro=???). These hollow sway bars weigh about 1/2 as much as your stocker and are stiffer as well. We did this on two of my buddys' cars and the handling greatly improved. One thing I should note is that the F-body sway bar will come very close to the outside of the frame rail where the end link is, an might even rub very slightly, but nothing to worry about. Depends on the bar and the car. I think the F-body hollow bar measures 36mm thick.

This is a list of what I have done. I have surprised a ricer or two in the off ramps. The BMW's and Mercedes have been ver surprised that I stick to them like glue,

16" wheels wrapped in 245 50 front 265 50 back. am going to 255 50 in back this year with some nitto's

Fbody swaybar front

HRpartsNstuff new bar out back.

fresh stock tr springs front and rear.

KYB gas adjust shocks.

I can pull enough lateral g's to move anything in the car enough to make you duck. I can over drive the tires with no problems. It drives like a dream. If you are ever out this way you are welcome to drive it. It will surprise you.

Originally posted by machinegun
This is a list of what I have done. I have surprised a ricer or two in the off ramps. The BMW's and Mercedes have been ver surprised that I stick to them like glue,
16" wheels wrapped in 245 50 front 265 50 back. am going to 255 50 in back this year with some nitto's
Fbody swaybar front
HRpartsNstuff new bar out back.
fresh stock tr springs front and rear.
KYB gas adjust shocks.
I can pull enough lateral g's to move anything in the car enough to make you duck. I can over drive the tires with no problems. It drives like a dream. If you are ever out this way you are welcome to drive it. It will surprise you.

Are you that arch criminal of society that got stopped in Columbus last year with a bunch of innnocent spectators on board?.

If so, hopefully we'll see each other at one of the Columbus events this year and compare notes. Er, or, ugh, lateral G numbers.........

Rain!

Originally posted by Pronto
When the weather gets nicer we definatately should have a turbo fest get together with the NH turboheads:)

As far as handling goes maybe an ATR big rear swaybar would help too. What shocks you running?

If it ever stops raining!:cool:

Yea, this weather bites. Got a tease with the warm weather 2 weeks ago but since it's been horrible.

Who ME? Arch criminal? Do I look like the criminal :D Type? ER UHM ok I am too cute to be the criminal type. Er Uhm OK that is me on the blotter. I am still working on americas most wanted though. HEHEHEHE!!!!!!:D

Are you coming to Norwalk