how to lower my car

kTrainHurricane

Vader Drives a GN
whats the best way to lower my car? i'm new to the TB community, and dont know what the commonality is between drop springs, coilovers, or w/e Thanks...

Hello,
I used Bell Tech 2 inch drop spindles for the front. In the rear, lowering springs and good shocks should do it. Good trailing arms and sway bar.

Coach

JDSfastGN; how was your 60' with the coilovers on the front?

Since I got them on I haven't had a real track day. I ran it once on a couple years ago in oklahoma but couldn't hold any boost at the line and ran a 1.73 on a 2 lb launch. Other than that I have only run it at a track with terrible prep and couldn't 60 better than a spinning 1.8. Dunno if the coilovers are hurting or not, but the weight transfer is hard to come by now.

All the cars I've lowered have been done the same way... and for free. :cool:

110314_lg.jpg

i was thinkin about doin this...

It really is the easiest and most cost effective way to do it.

I went from this stock ride height:
DSC066892.jpg

to this with factory rims and cut coils:
DSC067214.jpg

and finally to this with Welds and another coil chop to level it better...
(might still hack another 1/2 coil off the rears)
DSC067852.jpg

It will ride a little more firm...

Every car is different, so it's hard to say where to start.

Best advice I can offer is, take only a little at a time.

I usually start by taking a full coil off, all the way around... set the car back down, bounce it a few times and cut again as necessary. Once I get close to the stance I want, I will only cut 1/4 or 1/2 coil at a time, depending how much further I want it to drop...

It can be a pain in the a$$ taking back apart and going back together... but your time is free.

Just remember, you can't add it back once you chop it off. :D

drop

I'd go the springs and spindle route.I've cut springs before,and it always made the cars ride/handle crappy. Currently,my car has 2'' spindles,and drag springs in the front,and cut,lowering springs in the rear. It rides pretty good, It's in the weeds,won't 60 for s#!t,and looks cool doing it. Drop shocks would help alot.

If you have an extra $800.00 you can go coil over's all around. I used QA1's with single adjustable shocks.

Attachments

• DSCN1776-1.jpg
    DSCN1776-1.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 453
  • DSCN1772-1.jpg
    DSCN1772-1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 457
  • DSCN1764-1.jpg
    DSCN1764-1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 470
  • DSCN1768-1.jpg
    DSCN1768-1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCN1765-1.jpg
    DSCN1765-1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 452
when i was poor i used a torch and some jacks to lower the rear. it worked fine . for the front i cut the springs.... which i now have to replace because my new down pipe does not clear the a arm..... im going the 58 56 route , and have since replaced the rears with belltech 2 in drop springs