How to lose a Kimber gold match II slide

Just need to vent a little I guess. Here is the update from Kimber…..Quote ”during our initial inspection of the Kimber gold match II receiver it will require a slide (missing) a new barrel, barrel bushings, full set of springs, complete cleaning, inspection and test firing” I am sitting on the phone thinking WTF@! I told him that it was operating perfectly before the slide came up missing. “Well we must make sure it is in new condition when it leaves Kimber” “we will be charging your card $650.00” Is that ok?” I replied “ guess it don’t have much of a choice now do I” And after I receive this brand new rebuilt pistol from Kimber then I need to have a Dawson precision front sight installed.Serves me right, should of gotten a damn cat. I started to tell my wife last night and she said “don’t want to hear it” Oh, one other thing…my dog is eating dry dog food now.

Let the manufacture do there job, and I can understand your stress, but in the long run! It will be ok. Now I would try to find something used in good cond, but 1911 hold there value, so people know what they have. Like a GN, it's the owners free will to let it go for a steal, or not. I do feel for you, and I contacted some military MP K-9 friends, and believe or not I thought maybe we could get a dog on your yard to help, but these k-9's are trained for drugs and explosives, not gun powder residue, but even there was, would have to be a huge amount for trace. I am sure the componets were clean. If you need to blow of steam my cell is always open to you ! 630-825-8502

Josh

Oh man,......that hurts on so many levels! Sure does suck when you try and do something nice for someone and it backfires on ya.:( Hopefully your friend will kick a few bucks your way for the parts Kimber replaced that he & you weren't expecting to have to have done.

As far as the cat thing goes......my cat is almost like a dog.....He greets me @ the door every night when I get home from work, and he will come to you when you call him 75% of the time......the rest of the time he is a typical cat and just ignores us!

Thanks for the kind words everyone and trying to support me on this issue. I could never expect assistance from him nor will I even tell him of the extra cost associated with the repair. Just not right. I am sure he felt the pistol was functioning correctly or he would of sent it in for repairs. I am just ready to get him his pistol back and hope he is happy with it once again. You can bet one thing….when it arrives I am going straight over to his house to get rid of it!!!!

I can truly understand your doing that for him........your a good friend!

Yes, get rid of that sucker as soon as you can!:p

Check with your insurance agent, your homeowners insurance might cover some if your deductable is low enough.

David

Probably something in the rag he liked? Probably likes the smell of gun oil?

I suppose if you want to bait the dog you could try with a combination wrench whiped down with gun oil?

This is definitely a bummer, hope all works out in the end.

Also if you have an open foundation and it is accessible by the dog you should check there?

well look at it this way you got the scratch out of the slide & didn't even have to clean up your mess.

Haha that sucks man!!! At least your not one of those clowns that turns it into a bad situation by claiming you cant afford to replace it. Ramen noodles for dinner this week :p

Edit: I also bet you find it somewhere hella stupid soon :p

What k-9 units should do is train these dogs to find scent of gun oil. I think one you guys might have something there. I just talked to a friend who is a k-9 mp, and told me that it's possible. How come they never came up with it . lol

Turbo Indian what kind of dog is that in your pic? Gorgeous dog

Kimber sure is slow...they have had it for 3 weeks now.:( How long does it take? it just one pistol slide.

Kimber sure is slow...they have had it for 3 weeks now.:( How long does it take? it just one pistol slide.

You have every right to call them up and ask what the hold up, but I have no clue brother. I do know it's busy season for manufacturing!

You have every right to call them up and ask what the hold up, but I have no clue brother. I do know it's busy season for manufacturing!
I shot them two emails and called them (left a message) no returns yet. hope they didn't lose it!:eek:

To custom fit any weapon it will take some time. There's a lot more involved that you may not understand. My .45 1911 took me over a year to get done and I'm still not happy with it. My 8mm (8 X 57mm) 98 Mouser that I've owned since I was 19 (now 48:oops:) has been sitting most of it's life and all it needs is blueing of the metal and some polishing, not to mentions the scope that I can't afford.:(

To custom fit any weapon it will take some time. There's a lot more involved that you may not understand. My .45 1911 took me over a year to get done and I'm still not happy with it. My 8mm (8 X 57mm) 98 Mouser that I've owned since I was 19 (now 48:oops:) has been sitting most of it's life and all it needs is blueing of the metal and some polishing, not to mentions the scope that I can't afford.:(

A year? Don’t say that! I like to hold people to what they say they are going to do. I will give them a few more days to at least contact me with a update. Here is a picture of my boy shooting a nice group yesterday. I told him he needs to start buying his own ammo…LOL He really loves that S&W

Attachments

• austin and AR.jpg
    austin and AR.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 93
Thought i would let everyone know that i will be receiving the pistol from Kimber today via UPs. Once i put the front sights on it i will give it to him. .....so happy to get this one behind me. Has anyone installed front sights? Are they press fit? Or do i need to take it to a gunsmith? Thanks for all of the support.

Take a pic of the top of the slide. Some have to be staked in place with special tools and others slide in under pressure.