How to lose a Kimber gold match II slide

Dove tails make it much easier to put a sight on a 1911. The original ones have the front sight staked in place which is a total PITA.

Dove tails make it much easier to put a sight on a 1911. The original ones have the front sight staked in place which is a total PITA.
so..no need for gunsmithing.. Tap out and tap the new one in. Then off to the gun range for sighting.

so..no need for gunsmithing.. Tap out and tap the new one in. Then off to the gun range for sighting.
You just need to make sure of the size of the dove tail but that's about it. What you might want to do is see if the guy wants a different sight set. If it's more expensive have him pay the diff and if it's cheaper you're saving some at least.;)

This weekend I was getting ready to cut the grass and noticed some trash in the front yard and thought to myself “that damn Dog” Well as I started to pick it up I noticed that it was pieces of a white towel…..and it had a blue string attached to it. The first thing that came to my mind was “THAT IS IT! The missing towel!” I am not crazy after all…the dog did take it. I started scanning the yard and worked my way back into the woods and there it was laying on top of the ground by its hole. The dog has decided to return it. By the way I took it to the original owner and he does not want it. See the photo below.

Attachments

• kimber slide.jpg
    kimber slide.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 147
WOW.... a great ending to a great story :eek: .... sorry for all the drama [and $$$$] but it was a good read.... how ironic it turned up.

aaron

Well at least both of you are ok and I think I'd be beating on the dog a little. I'd love to have that slide for mine. Never really liked the slide I've got on it.

Well at least both of you are ok and I think I'd be beating on the dog a little. I'd love to have that slide for mine. Never really liked the slide I've got on it.

Well……..you can make me an offer for either the dog or the slide. If you what the dog you will end up with a new pistol slide anyways and new ray ban sunglasses, outdoor pillows, bike seat, shoes, TV remote, landscaping tools and a depleted checking account. Not to mention the holes in the yard ( I know what you are thinking but he digs them all in the wrong place so planting stuff in the holes is out of the question) Then there are the dead animals you will acquire as well. Neat stuff like armadillos, rabbits, birds and the occasional lizard. Ya know…come to think of it I would be crazy to sell this dog! He is so exciting :eek: .

My 6 yr old boxer ate my prescription eyeglasses once. I walked into the kitchen to grab my glasses and they were gone. I knew I put them on the table but they were gone. I know my dog eats some weird stuff but the glasses? Never entered my mind. A few days went by, didn't find them, but while cleaning the yard of dog poop, I noticed some very shiny crap. As I scooped the poop, I notice one broken ear piece, and a chunk of broken glass. I took my dog to the vet & they did an x ray and saw a small piece of the frame, but that was all. She passed that the next day and lived a long healthy life after that. Still don't know how she got them, must have hopped on the table & decided to eat them. Dumb dog. Made a spectacle of herself.

My 6 yr old boxer ate my prescription eyeglasses once. I walked into the kitchen to grab my glasses and they were gone. I knew I put them on the table but they were gone. I know my dog eats some weird stuff but the glasses? Never entered my mind. A few days went by, didn't find them, but while cleaning the yard of dog poop, I noticed some very shiny crap. As I scooped the poop, I notice one broken ear piece, and a chunk of broken glass. I took my dog to the vet & they did an x ray and saw a small piece of the frame, but that was all. She passed that the next day and lived a long healthy life after that. Still don't know how she got them, must have hopped on the table & decided to eat them. Dumb dog. Made a spectacle of herself.

Dumb dog. Made a spectacle of herself. LOL Damn that's funny!:p