how to identify a stage vehicle

You never said what "really good times" is. What do you run right now? Bet a better torque converter would change your times for sure.
He don't have any hard numbers yet. But I'm sure there may still be a lot to work out with his current combo.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andeww, Please don't take this the wrong way. I noticed your a relatively young guy.

Have you ever been for a ride in a low10/high 9 second car when it was in that tune? Not just some guys car who "says" it runs 9's. I mean a 9 second car that will run it by simply hitting the throttle?

If you have, and you liked it.........Well, you can do that with a stock block.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you NOT to get a stage motor. I'm just saying that you should define your goals a little.
And getting educated never hurts. So you are already on the right track.

A stock 109 block done the right way will make a lot of power. But has to be done right! Steel caps, forged rotating assembly, proper machine work..... You don't need a stage or TA aluminum block to make big power and or keep it together. It's mostly combination and tune.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you NOT to get a stage motor. I'm just saying that you should define your goals a little.
And getting educated never hurts. So you are already on the right track.
I'm exploring options and I haven't been able to get any track times or run a dyno test but I know I'll have to rebuild the engine in the relative future my plans were a forged rotating assembly and higher quality parts interenally every where I could ...I have some knowledge in engine rebuilding I've rebuilt a 350 sbc into a 383 stroker for my 1979 corvette so I'm not completely unknowing but I am young and inexperienced as for as decent times I'm looking at low 10s to high 9s consistently but the reliability to put 100,000 miles one it with relatively no problems with the engine and if I can do that with a stock block and I already have a good set up to start with all I would need to do is swap internals then that saves my budget and any help ot advice for a parts list would be extremely helpful in in the research phase of my plan right now

I wouldn't "swap" internals, at least go forged. You are only talking about swapping rods and crank. Your rods would only work in an off center block anyway. A good rotating assembly with Pistons can be had for well under 2K.

I wouldn't "swap" internals, at least go forged. You are only talking about swapping rods and crank. Your rods would only work in an off center block anyway. A good rotating assembly with Pistons can be had for well under 2K.
thats what i mean forged crank better cam new rods rockers valves and valve springs a set better bolts and studs like apr or something a set of performance or ported heads bigger intake and maybe a better doghouse im not sure but im looking to get the most power and reliability that i can

The 2 things that will make it reliable regardless of what block is for it to be built by a real buick engine builder and have the correct tune.

The 2 things that will make it reliable regardless of what block is for it to be built by a real buick engine builder and have the correct tune.
to be honest how hard would it be to have the right builder build my engine then find someone who could tune it properly like i would have to take my vehicle off line for a long time to accomplish this and she is my daily driver so this could be difficult right now and its usually twice the expense to have something built tuning thats another issue cause frankly i know nothing of tuning my car was tuned when i bought it and the changes ive made to it have been under the instruction of the previous owner and builder of the car

to be honest how hard would it be to have the right builder build my engine then find someone who could tune it properly
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
All you have to do is look at posts regarding new engines and bad issues. Then look at posts on how many engines loose a head gasket or worse b/c of a bad tune. It won't take long to find out if your don't use the the right people, you'll end up with expensive door stop. Find someone local to you that runs the times you want to. Ask them where to go. If they like you they'll help.

to be honest how hard would it be to have the right builder build my engine then find someone who could tune it properly like i would have to take my vehicle off line for a long time to accomplish this and she is my daily driver so this could be difficult right now and its usually twice the expense to have something built tuning thats another issue cause frankly i know nothing of tuning my car was tuned when i bought it and the changes ive made to it have been under the instruction of the previous owner and builder of the car

Despite what they may believe, think of these cars as being from another planet. Completely alien to most mechanics/engine builders. Unlike anything they have learned about on typical "hot-rods." The most dangerous thing you can do is take your Buick to a performance 'expert' who thinks like "an engine is an engine."

True, in theory things are no different with a Buick engine as they are with Chevy 350. But in practice things can be a whole lot different.

I would like to think we are special. But unfortunately this isn't the case. Instead we are cursed. We mostly only have ourselves.

Not that you need to learn some kind of witchcraft. Just that you need experience you can't get from working on other engines. You could learn it yourself. But it takes time. And time is money. Usually too much money! So it's cheaper to have a Buick specific person do it for a while until you get the hang of it.

BTW, if you love these cars..........You will get the hang of it.

Despite what they may believe, think of these cars as being from another planet. Completely alien to most mechanics/engine builders. Unlike anything they have learned about on typical "hot-rods." The most dangerous thing you can do is take your Buick to a performance 'expert' who thinks like "an engine is an engine."

True, in theory things are no different with a Buick engine as they are with Chevy 350. But in practice things can be a whole lot different.

I would like to think we are special. But unfortunately this isn't the case. Instead we are cursed. We mostly only have ourselves.

Not that you need to learn some kind of witchcraft. Just that you need experience you can't get from working on other engines. You could learn it yourself. But it takes time. And time is money. Usually too much money! So it's cheaper to have a Buick specific person do it for a while until you get the hang of it.

BTW, if you love these cars..........You will get the hang of it.
I like mine and I've always wanted one and I'm a fan of driving fast daily and I'm not above learning to do things myself so this is something I'd like to do

But I'm also moving soon for my job I'm currently located in San Diego but soon I'll be moving to Springfield Missouri and we'll I don't know how many of us are out there and I'm pretty new so it will be a long journey to do this myself

i would have to take my vehicle off line for a long time to accomplish this and she is my daily driver
I was just a little younger than you when I bought my TR and was using it as my only form of transportation.

At about your age, is when I figured the best and most important performance modification I could make to the Buick was to buy a daily beater to drive every day.

Everything I do takes forever before I'm satisfied. Parts take forever. Work is sometimes slow. Unforeseeables come up all the time.

I got sick of trying to put my car back together every night because I needed to take it to work the next day. I got sick of driving it with the ECU sitting on the floor, RTV all over the engine, loose clamps, an exhaust with temporary wire hangers holding it up, wires hanging out of the dash, no seats in it.............

Take your time and do it right. As soon as you can, buy disposable daily beaters for every day.

But I'm also moving soon for my job I'm currently located in San Diego but soon I'll be moving to Springfield Missouri and we'll I don't know how many of us are out there and I'm pretty new so it will be a long journey to do this myself

I live in the Springfield Missouri area. There are very few turbo Buicks in the area which actually makes it kind of fun. People are usually pretty shocked when they see what a good running turbo Buick runs at the track around here. I have been into turbo Buicks since 1990. Feel free to contact when you get to the area.

I was just a little younger than you when I bought my TR and was using it as my only form of transportation.

At about your age, is when I figured the best and most important performance modification I could make to the Buick was to buy a daily beater to drive every day.

Everything I do takes forever before I'm satisfied. Parts take forever. Work is sometimes slow. Unforeseeables come up all the time.

I got sick of trying to put my car back together every night because I needed to take it to work the next day. I got sick of driving it with the ECU sitting on the floor, RTV all over the engine, loose clamps, an exhaust with temporary wire hangers holding it up, wires hanging out of the dash, no seats in it.............

Take your time and do it right. As soon as you can, buy disposable daily beaters for every day.
Oh I have more then one vehicle right now and I understand the need for a daily beater but when I move hopefully I'll only have two vehicles my caliber and the Buick but if push comes to shove I'll get another beater car cause the girlfriend is driving my caliber and I'm selling my corvette

I live in the Springfield Missouri area. There are very few turbo Buicks in the area which actually makes it kind of fun. People are usually pretty shocked when they see what a good running turbo Buick runs at the track around here. I have been into turbo Buicks since 1990. Feel free to contact when you get to the area.
I'll be sure to hit you up when I get out to the area