How to hotwire a GN?

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
My ignition seems to be screwed up and I need to get my car home (rather not tow it). I DON'T think that this is information that should be publicly posted, but if anybody knows how to do it, I'd appreciate a PM or email. TIA.

I could walk you step by step through punching the column and starting the car. My first TR was stolen twice and attempted stolen a few other times. I have replaced the steering column myself each time and know exactly what the criminal knows about stealing these cars.

Originally posted by Whut
I could walk you step by step through punching the column and starting the car. My first TR was stolen twice and attempted stolen a few other times. I have replaced the steering column myself each time and know exactly what the criminal knows about stealing these cars.

The problem is that his ignition doesn't work, though. You could bust open the column to move the rod that operates the ignition switch but that won't solve the problem.

The only other thing I can think of is that while you were doing the brake conversion you messed up the connector for the ignition switch at the base of the column. See if you have juice there. If you do have juice there then it has something to do with the ignition switch or lockout (though you don't have anything when you turn the key, so it's not just a starter lockout). If you don't have juice there start checking to see if you have juice at the fuses.

HTH,
Jim