how to find duttweiler intercooler neck

bayareaturbo

im looking to buy a duttweiler intercooler neck 2 1/2 inch or a different brand.if you can tell me a web site that make yhem i would apprecit it.thanks

try dc tech. You also may consider a stretch stock location intercooler like the one PTE sells. I think it will significantly outperform a Dutt neck stock intercooler - plus if you ever want to return your car to stock it's an easy swap.

a Dutt neck will run you about$150.00-$200.00 installed.

the PTE stock location intercooler is $795.00

kirbans has just the neck for those that want to have it installed on their own Intercooler , if you know a welder for aluminum and can be without your intercooler for the time it takes to get it done its a great way to go , for 68 bucks you get the cast neck with the turbo adapter hose and the clamps

Originally posted by Razor
Be amazed what a stock IC with a stock neck is capable of doing.

The times on my sig were done on a bone stock IC.. no neck mod.

Can it hurt to add the neck.. no. Or get a larger IC.. no.. but its always best to outgrow parts and document your changes.

And this post sums up a lot of what i'm preaching,

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135781

;)

you're absolutely right and there are plenty of examples to support that. It seems to me though that a primarily street driven car running on pump gas or even 100 octane race gas benefits from a bigger IC in terms of consistency in hot weather and getting more HP without necessarily running as much boost. Yes/No???

I have a stock IC, with the big neck mod. There are posts that severely abuse stock locations ICs as being "interheaters", but those posters ignore the fact that the air leaving the turbo, under full boost, is MUCH hotter than underhood air. But they/he do have a point in that the IC, whereever it is, heats up when used. A front mount will cool down quicker after a moment of boost than a stock location. A stock IC will cool down quicker than a bigger stock IC, just because there is less mass of metal to cool. So, there are lots of things to consider, when matching your set-up to the way you drive. A shroud on the stock IC fan would make it work better, and cool off an IC in the stock location more effectively. The Dutt neck is a good mod, because it doesn't require more fan, it allows boost to get to the engine, rather than being "wasted" on piping losses, and it lets you reach the desired boost with less work out of the turbo. And it doesn't cost a lot, either!

To add to the post above-Jays also sell the dutt neck outright for $72.95 if you care to do it yourself- HTH

with all the talk lately about alky being able to cool intake charge suffeciently, i would think that a stock location intercooler WITH the dutt neck PLUS alky would be the only way to go. less weight, piping, hassle are all big pluses in my book. i will be doing the dutt neck soon, might try locating a nozzle in the neck plus the nozzle in the up pipe to really get things cooled down. only worry i have is alcky before the intercooler slowing down/collecting in intercooler and causing corrosion.

For a high 11 sec, low 12 sec street car running alky.. minor improvement.

Had a buddy running 12.30's on alky change his stocker for a nice aftermarket stretch from a reputable vendor.. went back to the track.. 12.30's and 650 bucks latter :mad: But it does look cool in his engine bay.

Tracy, can a bigger IC help sure. But on a small turbo and a mild combo.. save your money unless your IC is leaking.. then its a no brainer.

Turbowidow.. shooting alky pre stock IC may be a nono.. as is locating nozzles lower than height of alky tanks..

Bet if your goals was running 12.0's .. and you ran 12.0's.. would you spend 800 on a new IC? :D

Originally posted by Razor
For a high 11 sec, low 12 sec street car running alky.. minor improvement.

Had a buddy running 12.30's on alky change his stocker for a nice aftermarket stretch from a reputable vendor.. went back to the track.. 12.30's and 650 bucks latter :mad: But it does look cool in his engine bay.

Tracy, can a bigger IC help sure. But on a small turbo and a mild combo.. save your money unless your IC is leaking.. then its a no brainer.

Turbowidow.. shooting alky pre stock IC may be a nono.. as is locating nozzles lower than height of alky tanks..

Bet if your goals was running 12.0's .. and you ran 12.0's.. would you spend 800 on a new IC? :D
thanks for the info im going to stay with the stock ic for now.

Originally posted by bayareaturbo
im looking to buy a duttweiler intercooler neck 2 1/2 inch or a different brand.if you can tell me a web site that make yhem i would apprecit it.thanks

I have them in stock, they cost $68.95, mine slightly differ from Kirbans though, I use the far superior adapter hose in my kits.