how to disconnect the chime

ttypewhite

My car has a faint sound of the light chime on when the car is parked and the key is out the ignition. If I don't drive the car in a couple of days, the battery is dead. How do I disconnect the chime? Where is the relay located?

My car has a faint sound of the light chime on when the car is parked and the key is out the ignition. If I don't drive the car in a couple of days, the battery is dead. How do I disconnect the chime? Where is the relay located?

The chime module is a black box about the size of a pack of cigarettes, it's located under the dash between the steering column and the radio, just unclip the module and pull out the chime box.

Leave the box in there with wires going to pins 9, 10 and 11.

That runs your horn and the horn relay.

Or get a known good box and replace the whole thing so it works properly.

The box may also be a light blue colour. It is about the size of a small pack of cigaretts or so.

in my 86 t-type, it's blue. Theres a good chance the chime is not your problem. Throw a volt meter on your battery and see if there is any draw with everything off. A chime shouldn't make your battery go dead in a few days.

Had a problem with chime over bumps, would go off whenever it liked. Removed it, horn still works fine.:confused:

Easy to get the chime module out, it is above the right hand screw that holds up the drivers side underdash padding. The clip is in the center on top. Use a small screwdriver to lift the clip and the module will then wiggle out toward the front of the car.

My GN originally came with a buzzer module that did not include the headlight on with key off warning feature.

The chime module or buzzer module does not include the horn relay.