how to disarm Code Alarm in car?

litz

How do I disconnect my Code Alarm alarm system? It came with the car, and is giving me grief. Car has been in body shop for the last 4 months, and the battery constantly goes dead after a few days. Today the alarm would not allow the car to start, then when I got it to start the alarm would set itself, turn on my head lights, very dimmly when the doors are opened, but off when they are closed. When I pulled power from the alarm, the headlights no longer came on, but the car would not start either! How to disconnect the alarm without ripping all the wires out?

Well, you can try and throw it into valet mode by putting the key in the ignition, turning it to "run," then press the valet button once (or maybe three times). It will let you know it's in valet mode when the LED stays on solid.

Pulling power to the brain should not affect your car starting. Even if starter kill is installed, simply pulling the fuse on the red wires coming from the brain will allow your car to continue as normal minus the alarm. Unless the installer did something really tricky.....

I tried pulling the power to the brain and the car would not crank. I did find a number for Code Alarm and spoke to one of their techs, he told me to pull the Starter Key wire and the Starter wire from the alarm module, join them together and then just remove the alarm module. All works fine now.

Thanks for your suggestions.

It's out an on the garage floor for now. will be looking at installing something from DEI, one of the Viper models. Not too concerned about theft, never take the car anywhere to worry about that. Plus I have a pass key I installed wired right to the ECM using all red wires, be tuff to figure out which goes to which without tracing 4 feet of red wire through the harness. At the very least it would be time consuming.

Remove that code alarm there are much better alarm out there
Debatable. All of my cars and family and friends have Code products. Many of them are well over 10 years old and still work. Remember, many auto manufacturers used Code products in the 80's and early 90's. It is because they build reliable products that will stand the test of time.

We've installed a number of defective Code Alarm units in the past year. They seem to be very unpopular among installers.