How streetable are the 160 inj.

JRGN

Just wanted to know how streetable would the 160 lb inj be, using a XFI system or would 96 be better. Thanks Jr.

If you are running a single 66 mm turbo as your sig says, a set of 83 lb/hr injectors should be more than sufficient and they are far more controllable than 160s just due to size. AFAIK all 96 lb/hr injectors are disc-style Rochester models, regardless of "brand" and they are not very good injectors IMO.

If you are running a single 66 mm turbo as your sig says, a set of 83 lb/hr injectors should be more than sufficient and they are far more controllable than 160s just due to size. AFAIK all 96 lb/hr injectors are disc-style Rochester models, regardless of "brand" and they are not very good injectors IMO.
Sorry about that, I should have said that will be on a stage 1 and a 76 series turbo. Jr

I would stay away from the 160s,You are way away from needing anything that big.
You can run low 9s on a 96

I would stay away from the 160s,You are way away from needing anything that big.
You can run low 9s on a 96
john gallina went 7.9's on twin turbo's and 96's. i didnt know they were all the old style injectors. i have had them on tim's car for a few years and have had good luck with them.

On my old TSE class car ('86 T-Type with 274 CI Stage II and single PT74 GTQ) I ran 84# Delphi injectors, single Weldon 2015a pump, -10 feed, -8 return line. GN-1 heads, 224/224 flat tappet cam (yeah I knew it was too small) PTE front mount, 3" dp, dual 3" exhaust, FAST B2B system. On my 10 oh to 10 teen passes my injector duty cycle would hover around the 77% to 79% duty cycle with A/F ratios of 11.2:1 - 11.3:1 range. Doing the math that I used on a daily basis while being a Sales Tech at PTE, the 84# injectors will support 1008 fwhp at 90-95% duty cycle. Most 76mm turbos are rated to support 950-1100 fwhp, depending on what/whose model turbo you have. I was able to drive my T-Type on the street and not have too bad of gas mileage. I drove it two years on the streets of Bowling Green at the Nationals without any problems other than the Weldon being very loud.

Now, with that said, the 160# injectors flow like a fire trucks' main hose, where as the 84#ers have a more controlled flow rate and finer spray pattern. Even the 95# Delphis are more controllable than the 160s. FWIW, 95#ers will support up to 1140 fwhp. I do not recommend 160s on a V6 if you plan on driving the car more than 10-15 miles to a cruise in. They are not street friendly. And you will need a Sequential system to properly tune them, such as a BS3 or XFI system. An older Bank to Bank Fast won't cut it. Remember, 160's = fire hose, 84-95 somewhat streetable. If you are considering running alky with this combo, then I would suggest 84#ers as the alky will significantly richen up the mix. Also, whatever you decide to go with, make sure the injectors you get are flow matched. I highly recommend you get your injectors from PTE as the larger size injectors 50#-160#ers are all flow matched per set and include nice reusable plastic boxes with flow numbers. This is very important on 84-160#ers as flow rates can very as much as 10-20#s out of the box from Delphi and Bosch. Another important thing to consider with that combo would be a larger external pump such as a Weldon 2015A. In tank pumps won't cut it if you plan on running faster than mid 9's IMO.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I sure like the info that you have given me and also everyone else, I have a set of 72's but figured that I need to go bigger, since the motor will be a stage 1 built by Bobby, with Tom at champion doing the port work on the heads and I plan on hopefully getting the car into the 9's with me driving, the car is a full weight T not gutted out and diffently wanting to be driving it on the street. Thanks Jr. also will be sumping the tank and installing a external pump.