how rich should my exhause smell??

Its the Reds chip causing that rich idle. Had that chip years ago burned for 009s and had that same problem. I believe Your fuel pressure should be set at 43psi line off per the recommendations. No matter how much you lean it out it will stay at around 90blm.
Shit! ! ! What now ..well that's no good ..its so rich its going to foul out the plugs weekly if I run it at this rate. If that's the case I hope he takes the chip back

Ill have to give him a call tomorrow and see what we can do about it...thankyou everyone for the help on this subject. I will post back my findings

I have a Red's chip for 93 octane and I too, have the same problem. I just ordered a TT chip. I will find out this week if the chip is the culprit! My blms are pegged at 90. You should read my thread. Send the chip back and ask for a fuel adjustment.

I have a Red's chip for 93 octane and I too, have the same problem. I just ordered a TT chip. I will find out this week if the chip is the culprit! My blms are pegged at 90. You should read my thread. Send the chip back and ask for a fuel adjustment.
i put a call into him today waiting for a return call about the chip ..after reading all the things on here about reds chips being rich i dont know if i should ask for an adjustment of fuel or just see if i can get money back and get a tt chip

I'm by no means knocking Red, the guy still flys at the track, and has been doing so a long time. But, there are chips with a lot more adjustablity out there. I've got guys that use the TT and the commander chips, I like them both. My two cents. Phil.

well i just got off the phone with red ...I was unaware i needed to remove one of my maf screens....so ill be trying that now and see where i end up if it runs good than i will be running it atleast for a little bit when i run into extra cash maybe ill get a tt chip and try that out for fun

Good luck. I had 90's pegged with 1 screen removed. I had a 2nd Maf laying around with 2 screens. It didn't make a difference. Years ago, I used Red's chips and loved them. Maybe newer chip burners have a different thought process? My buddy used to make chips for me using blanks and chip software.

Good luck. I had 90's pegged with 1 screen removed. I had a 2nd Maf laying around with 2 screens. It didn't make a difference. Years ago, I used Red's chips and loved them. Maybe newer chip burners have a different thought process? My buddy used to make chips for me using blanks and chip software.
Well I removed one screen and I got the bls to atleast move around between 90 and 125 but honestly even at 125 when the car comes out of open loop its an instant rich running like shit smoke fest. You can tell within seconds when its in closed loop. And a correction to my prevous post my injectors are 009 with the blue ring on them .

Yea, mine's doing the same thing. Thing smokes like a turbo diesel freight train! Chip should be here in 1-2 days. I'll post results.

It's the chip. You may have to send it back to him 2 or 3 times to get it where you want it.

Joe

I just rcv'd my TT chip and installed it. BLM's dropped from 90 to 138. It was the chip! Side note: This TT chip is well worth the money, not that it lowered my BLM's but the user has access to change some parameters and idle is smoother! Now if I can pinpoint why still smells pretty rich! Good luck and hope my outcome helps you.

The rich start-up is a fail-safe, better to be rich than lean. You can always tune out the excess fuel. The lean may require more involvement!