how quick is this LS1???

guy around here has an 01' TA with lid, borla, long tubes, 3.23, yank 3400 I think, program, and I think I'm leaving something out. I just know it was NA with no power adders and it 60's like mad on MT dr's. He's been a 1.49 60 and went a 11.99 with all the interior out. Think his MPH was around 111 or 112.

there is one thig i'm not seeing here. the fact that all ls1's are not equal. i've seen many at the track, varying as much as 3-4 tenths. some would say its all the drive but when they are autos that makes it pretty hard to screw it up. from driving several of them i can definatly say thats true. some run ok. others run great.

I inherited my brothers red 98 T/A with 11k miles on it and had it transported to Idaho from Mich. It had a A4 with 3.23 gears and factory stock, I proceeded to install a K&N FIPK kit and a Magnaflow cat back exhaust, I took it to the track here in Boise on two different occasions, 3 runs each time, all runs were in the 14.20's @ 97-98mph, my friend John had a 1997 C5 and his times were also similar, now we are at about 2500ft. elev. So what is up with that??, so as you can see I'm skeptical of some of these times I see folks posting with these cars, no flame intended just my observations

Ron

Those are terrible times. How was traction? I see you're at elev 2500 which probably doesn't help, but I ran my 13.6 at elev 425 at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA. I probably could've gotten maybe a little lower, but I bought an SLP lid shortly after I got the car.

No problem with traction at all, I thought that would be a problem, so I purchased a set of bfr d/r's, did not even spin, I'm not sure of 60' times , need to dig out the timeslips.

Ron

I went 13.60 @ 103 at the worst track in MD (75-80) mines a 99 A4 mods in the sig, No tunning or sticky tires. After I put a stall in and some stickys and tunning I know the car will do 12's. So they are quick! :)

My 02 WS6 did 13.2@107 mph and dynoed 305 hp to the rear wheels bone stock. Run my best time on a hotlap without a full-on powershift. A few guys have managed to break into the 12 with stock LS1s. They make plenty of power but just like anything else, it's all in the 60ft.
If you can't get well into the 13s with an LS1 car then something ain't right somewhere. Must be the elevation.

ronbuick said:
so as you can see I'm skeptical of some of these times I see folks posting with these cars, no flame intended just my observations

Check over on corvetteforum.com as I use the same username there. I had several other members there to witness my runs and have the timeslips to prove it. Sorry I forgot to mention I was in the battle for the stock internals C5 record, missed it by a hundredth but beat the MPH.

Most stock LS1s I have seen run 13.2 to 13.5. That is with 2.0+ 60'. Converter and DRs will put them in the 12s easy. If I did not have a GN and a TTA, I would get an LS1 car. A4 with a converter and DRs. Should not be too hard to get one going 12.50s.

The LS1 is the best motor GM ever built. I am deep in the 12s with nothing more then converter and small 3.42 gears.

trophystock said:
The LS1 is the best motor GM ever built. I am deep in the 12s with nothing more then converter and small 3.42 gears.
Don't think I would go that far. Second best maybe. :D