how much will a stock 2004r handle?

kandc7

hi everyone! happy halloween! i just wanted to know how much a stock 2004r can handle before it will break. how much hp/tq. i do have a shift kit but don't know what kind it is. thanks for all your advize and knowlege.

That was an awesome right-up "77 Cruiser"...thanks for that link!

As for what a trans will hold..their are ALOT of different factors that will contribute to it, not just power and torque. for instance, is ur car a track or street? slicks or radials? Do you footbrake it hard off the line? is it serviced regularly with good fluid? Are you using an aftermarket cooler to keep the temps nice and low? stock converter or high stall (higher temps)?

it really depends on what YOU do with your car (how u drive it and what conditions..) as to how long a stocker will live and that goes with any type of car really.....My truck has a pretty aggressive tune in it and the Allison is not suppose to be able to "live" behind this tune in stock trim, 70K miles says otherwise but i service it alot and run it hard in a manner that doesn't "kill" it when I want to play....so I "beat" the odds, won't last forever I know but again, it's the factors involved in my case that can sometimes make the diffrerence.

Option 2: Spend Freely on a done box and don't worry about a thing :)

More than "some" built trannys. :mad:

DONT go cheap on your tranny, or anything else for that matter. Nobody likes to pay for things twice!! Good luck, choose your tranny builder wisely.

Bryan

thanks guys. i just upgradeded to a te=44 28oo stall lu ft mt ic with 3in alum rad with dual fans runs 168 all day in fl! love it. just wanted to know if i can make it a year before rebuilding the trans. and it is a street car and i dont run it hard all the time. and i have street tires now, but going to mickey et streets soon. thanks again guys!

My sons Monte with a mild hp 350 knocked it out a 200r really fast! my guess is under 200 hp you are ok. 200 to 300 you might be ok for awhile & over 300hp better build it right.

I am NO EXPERT but what I have seen from past experince in friends& cars I have owned.

I went 11.59 @ 119mph on a bone stock tranny with 33,000 miles on it. I pulled it out before anything happened to it.
I have a buddy that went 11.19 on a bone stock tranny with 70,000 miles on it.

I wouldn't expect them to last under extreme conditions but they will take a beating.

I went 11.59 @ 119mph on a bone stock tranny with 33,000 miles on it. I pulled it out before anything happened to it.
I have a buddy that went 11.19 on a bone stock tranny with 70,000 miles on it.

I wouldn't expect them to last under extreme conditions but they will take a beating.

I would agree with that. With my son's it was behind a 305 for many years but once the 350 was in there it knocked 2 gear right out very quick.
Even with a peg leg & no 2nd gear he was in the 14's.
It finally gave out.

ok. thanks for all your input! sounds like it will hold up for awhile since it does not see much track time. i just didn't want to spend more $$ now since i did a lot in the last few monthes. i know i am still very mild build and just want some really good opinuins from the best!! thanks guys!!