How much timing are you running w/ Razor's kit & extender chip?

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I have Razors alchy kit & the extender chip which is set up for 23/21 timing. I would like to know how much timing anyone with this combo is running with no knock? I upped mine 2 degrrees to make it 25/23 & saw no knock while out testing & tuning today. I ran it up to around 125 mph, my o2's came down to around 790 & egt's close to 1600.
My blue knob is only turned up to maybe 3/4 & my boost is around 26lbs., so I think I still have more in it... :) (Just for comparison's sake, I was never able to get over 25lbs w/ my single nozzle SMC kit & never over the 23/21 timing.)
Razor, I'm very pleased with your kit...I am still seeing 820-830 02's on take off, so I need to figure out how to lean it up a little down low..any suggestions?(maybe the violet wire needs to be hooked up) My block learn is right around 128 & fuel pressure around 40 line off...

The Darkside

The Darkside said:
I have Razors alchy kit & the extender chip which is set up for 23/21 timing. I would like to know how much timing anyone with this combo is running with no knock?

I'm running a few degrees more timing then you, about the same boost, and on 89 octane. I'd say you're close...

You might try having your chip guy, add in a little fuel, in the *time in PE table*.

Might even consider getting a WB to have a better idea of where you are AFR wise.

Well you cannot look at the O2 readings from a non-wideband sensor and make tuning decisions based on the numbers seen. I mean when you stabbed the pedal.. your numbers are not going to be very accurrate, and concentrating your efforts on the bottom end is not the way.

Typically I find running my setup you can get really aggressive with timing.. especially on the lower gears.. but I like to say .. the more timing, boost, squeeze you put in your tuneup.. the shorter the fuse gets for mistakes.

If you want to really see whats going on.. put the car on a track and pay attention to the time slip. This way you can see if adding timing/boost/leaning/richening makes a difference. Relying on the one wire O2 for these type's of decisions... man I tell ya.. It gets done.. but on a public roadway, its not the place.

If the bottom end needs work.. then work on it having real data. Guessing is not data. Dont know how else to express myself on this issue.

And a big NO to using the purple wire for this purpose.

Ohh.. forgot.. your numbers are what I would consider a great starting point.. but to get beyond this.. its either on a Dyno or a real track. I prefer with the Buick a real track. Due to the ecm/chip/maf and the way they work.

Darkside, I stay at the 23\21 setting and boost has been as high as 34psig. The gain knob is set at about the 1:00 o'clock possition. 0 knk, o2's-770-780's.