How much is this t-type worth?

turboluv

I work with a guy that has 87 t-type with a solid roof. It is sliver with gray cloth.It has regular dash.He bought it new 87 it has 16,000 miles on it. IT is all stock he even has the tires that came on the car when it was new.It has no dents or scratches it looks brand new inside and out.HE is wanting to sell it and i am thinking about buying it and trying to sell it. I am wondering if i can make a little money on it.I have always wanted a turbo regal to mess with but this one is to nice to do what i would like to do. Like go to drag strip and stuff like that.I would be better with a fixer upper.Tell me what you think is worth. If i buy it i am going to put it on here for sale.

PIcs of car and rpo sticker will help. Is this car a limited or a turbo t?There were no t-type's made in 87 they stopped in 86. Is it column shift or console? depending on options and condition and the market for cars right now I would say $12-18,000. post pics of car and rpo sticker. Rpo sticker is on trunk lid

there was no 87 T Type. they were called a "turbo T".
maybe if they guy thinks it's just a T Type, then maybe he also doesn't think it's worth too much..

So you're going to buy it, title it, then sell it? Unless he gives it away, you'll be in it fairly deep before you start unless you are a dealer. If so then best wishes!

If the condition is consistent with the mileage then I would say $15-17k is what it is worth so unless u can buy it for $12-14k I can't see it being worth buying if ur looken to flip it.

Condition is king. Anyone can swap out a dash for a lower mileage one. If he is the original owner it makes it more likely that the mileage is legit but that is no guarentee by any means.

And it's a Turbo T not a T-Type but I still call mine a T-Type at times because most of the civilized world no no earthly clue what a Turbo T is.....:rolleyes:

there was no 87 T Type. they were called a "turbo T".
maybe if they guy thinks it's just a T Type, then maybe he also doesn't think it's worth too much..

There were only 1547 Turbo T's, a turbo T is a WE-4 car. the standard regals are regals with the T package. and the turbo motor was an option as was the T package. IF the car is as nice as you describe its worth 15k or more miles that low are hard to find especially an original owner too.

I dont know alot about turbo buicks. i have always wanted 1 but never really got in to learning what i need to know about them.It must be a turbo T like every body is saying. I did not know there was a difference.I am going to get some pics this week and i will put them on here for yall to look at and maybe that will give yall a better idea of what the car might be worth.Is there anything that i need to look for or take a pic of to help yall help me. Thanks for help

I dont know alot about turbo buicks. i have always wanted 1 but never really got in to learning what i need to know about them.It must be a turbo T like every body is saying. I did not know there was a difference.I am going to get some pics this week and i will put them on here for yall to look at and maybe that will give yall a better idea of what the car might be worth.Is there anything that i need to look for or take a pic of to help yall help me. Thanks for help

From 1984-1986 if you wanted a turbo Buick Regal you had to choose between the all black Grand Nationals or the "any color of the rainbow" Regal T types. Both cars were pretty much the same car, with cosmetical differences and a few other differences in wheels and trim.

In 1987, Buick dropped the "t-type" name and started calling all Regals with the turbo, that were not a Grand National, a Regal. Even though they still had the same engine/trans/rear/suspension as a t type, the only true differences were you could get the base 2 door Regal coupe, chrome cladding and all, with the turbo engine which also then had to come with the touring package.

Or you could order up a Regal and deck it out with the touring package but if you were one of the ones that were convinced there was no way in hell a turbo 6 could be faster than a V8, you could get one with an Olds V8 engine.

Ok enough confusion here....what you need to do is as the others have said...open the trunk...there's a sticker on the underside of the deck lid with a bunch of 3 digit codes on it...it's called the RPO label...snap a good legible picture of it...it's one of the determining factors of the car.

Then snap pics of all 4 sides of the car, then snap pics of all of the interior of the car...snap pics of the trunk...and open the hood and get some good pics of there too....finally jack the car up and snap good pics of the underside of it. Include a few of the frame rails in the rear so we know if they're rusted swiss cheese by now or not.

As for what to look for, go to gnttype.org and find the page that talks about buying your 1st TR. More info there than I care to type.

From 1984-1986 if you wanted a turbo Buick Regal you had to choose between the all black Grand Nationals or the "any color of the rainbow" Regal T types. Both cars were pretty much the same car, with cosmetical differences and a few other differences in wheels and trim.

i'm pretty sure that the rear spoiler and front air dams on the GN gave it some sort of a performance advantage over a T Type.
it might not have been much, but i'm sure there was something measurable.
and didn't the GN have a little bit lower ride height and slightly stiffer springs? that would also give them a little bit of a performance advantage.

] 87 it has 16,000 miles on it. IT is all stock

.I have always wanted a turbo regal to mess with but this one is to nice to do what i would like to do.

THOSE ARE THE BEST CARS TO START WITH!!!

Buy it, keep it, mod it, enjoy it.
These cars in "fixer upper" condition are basket cases.