How much invested??

One rule I have always adhered to is to never tally up all my receipts and $ in any of my cars or projects. Never have done that over the almost 30 years I have been into musclecars and performance motorcycles. Just don't want to know. Am I alone here or does anyone else follow suit? :confused:

Therapy needed

I've nearly doubled the amount I had estimated blowing into my project. I'm not worried as to how much I've spent (close to 15-18K) but what is still to come (CPT-66, RJC FMIC, RJC Pullys, re-pro front and rear seat covers, roll cage, MT ET streets, front end rebuild, paint) that is what's left to purchase in order to finish my pride and pain!!! :mad:

Let's just say that I got slightly carried away with what I am doing compared to what my original intentions were.

I got my car cheap and painted it and did some mods to motor with the alpine tv and stero and 4 sets of rims it stands me 7500 :cool:

Evans Ward said:
One rule I have always adhered to is to never tally up all my receipts and $ in any of my cars or projects. Never have done that over the almost 30 years I have been into musclecars and performance motorcycles. Just don't want to know. Am I alone here or does anyone else follow suit? :confused:
Could that be a problem come sell time when you want to recoup at least what's invested?

WHEEZER said:
Could that be a problem come sell time when you want to recoup at least what's invested?

No problem- it's all for my enjoyment anyway. If and when I sell, I (you and everyone else too) never expect to fully recoup the investment. I say let's enjoy our cars, mod them as we want, and drive them. Low or no mileage means that you are only keeping the miles low for the next owner! :cool: Life is but a vapor, then we are gone! :smile: Have fun!

I say let's enjoy our cars, mod them as we want, and drive them. Low or no mileage means that you are only keeping the miles low for the next owner!
Amen brother! Drive it like you stole it. One of the cars I still have is the 1st GN I ever bought. I'll never sell it, heck my wife might have to bury me in it, if my daughter doesn't talk me out of it in about 40 years. I've put over 200k on the car. Just dropped 6k on an engine and still have turbo and front mount to buy yet! It's only money, you can't take it with you and I'm spending my kid's inheritance on my cars :D .
John

Evans Ward said:
No problem- it's all for my enjoyment anyway. If and when I sell, I (you and everyone else too) never expect to fully recoup the investment. I say let's enjoy our cars, mod them as we want, and drive them. Low or no mileage means that you are only keeping the miles low for the next owner! :cool: Life is but a vapor, then we are gone! :smile: Have fun!
Well put EW....no garage queen here either! Love to drive it way too much.

Over $26000.Still counting I cant take it with me & Im not going to leave it for someone else to enjoy Worked hard all my life Its my time to have some fun Besides life is to short Have fun Tomorrow might be to late

Id say 14-15K including the car. I love it though.......only a few people around here understand me, but they still think I am crazy for it. :biggrin:

Hey, you guys are putting me to shame. Bad, too. I would be embarassed to even add mine up, With the initial cost of car, a few parts hidden away, nowhere near completion, I would have to say, $25K, and that is a very conservative estimate. Where else can you have this little fun with that much money, huh?

chevyII said:
Just for fun I wonder what Jim Lauver's silver T cost? :eek:
I think the article in Car Craft said $75K.

benoitthegr8 said:
I've nearly doubled the amount I had estimated blowing into my project. I'm not worried as to how much I've spent (close to 15-18K) but what is still to come (CPT-66, RJC FMIC, RJC Pullys, re-pro front and rear seat covers, roll cage, MT ET streets, front end rebuild, paint) that is what's left to purchase in order to finish my pride and pain!!!

Let's just say that I got slightly carried away with what I am doing compared to what my original intentions were.

I hear ya. :biggrin:

i have own my GN for about 9 years now.. after looking at all my documents i'm pushing around $34,000 in parts and motors (right now on #3).. and thats not including the price of the car which was around $10,000 back in the day... But, i would do it all over again (this time with a stage 2 :biggrin: )...

Im sick, have 2 probalby 35k plus and only one is done at the moment. probably 45K plus once the other one is done next year.

machinegun said:
Im sick, have 2 probalby 35k plus and only one is done at the moment. probably 45K plus once the other one is done next year.

Thats why i stopped looking for another GN/T.. i just moved on to a new hobby BOATING... LOL

lets see...5k for the car in '96...700 for a paint job..then 1200 to redo the 700 dollar job..injectors, intercooler, fuel pump, electronics etc..maybe 3000

maybe 10k....for a car worth 7k tops....i guess i should learn to buy someone else's "done" car...but i never do...

I got mine this past summer so I haven't put much into yet maybe about 500-600 dollars. I got some advice at the local Buick club from a guy who has been there and done that with his grand national. He said if he could do it all over again he would leave it as stock as possible but still make it kinda fast, like maybe a ta 49 turbo a v4 intercooler but nothing major. He said, "You don't want to do what I've done I have enough money to buy a house with what I have in this car"