How much HP

Spoolin Hooligan

Off the wagon Boost Addict
I was wondering how much horsepower a stock 200-4r tranny will take reason being I want to add 60 lbs. Injectors and boost to around 20psi. I know this question has probably been asked a lot
But just need some info. I bought the car from a guy who said it was making over 400hp already. I am going to get it tuned and dynoed when I get the injectors but wanted to know if the tranny can handle it.

Thanks

Well I am sure that some others will chime in with more info, but I was shattering the front pump in all the 2004r transmissions that I tried. I just went to a 400.

stock trans about 400 ft lbs and thats if its good to begin with. fwiw you are probably making about 280whp if you are running 93 octane and 17-18psi. Maybe about 300whp at 20psi

Well I am sure that some others will chime in with more info, but I was shattering the front pump in all the 2004r transmissions that I tried. I just went to a 400.
If you were shattering pumps then there was some other problem and it wasnt related to power.

stock trans about 400 ft lbs and thats if its good to begin with. fwiw you are probably making about 280whp if you are running 93 octane and 17-18psi. Maybe about 300whp at 20psi

Well i guess thats a good thing cause the car sure didnt feel like 400HP, i cant wait to see how that feels.... I knew the guy who sold it to me was full of ****. I am running 93 Octane and around 17psi. So and suggestions on what to do, rebuild or buy a stage 2 tranny... and Remember your not talking to a genius

Well i guess thats a good thing cause the car sure didnt feel like 400HP, i cant wait to see how that feels.... I knew the guy who sold it to me was full of ****. I am running 93 Octane and around 17psi. So and suggestions on what to do, rebuild or buy a stage 2 tranny... and Remember your not talking to a genius
If the trans is in good shape a shift kit will go a long way.

I was wondering how much horsepower a stock 200-4r tranny will take reason being I want to add 60 lbs. Injectors and boost to around 20psi. I know this question has probably been asked a lot
But just need some info. I bought the car from a guy who said it was making over 400hp already. I am going to get it tuned and dynoed when I get the injectors but wanted to know if the tranny can handle it.

Thanks

If the trans is in good condition should handle 400HP there are exceptions. Pay no attention to the very few here who say you cant do it.

If the trans is in good condition should handle 400HP there are exceptions. Pay no attention to the very few here who say you cant do it.

Well my buddy knows a guy that is going to build me a 700HP trans for a $1000, well thats what he says anyway....haha

More good parts have been destroyed in the bleach box from doing John Force burn outs than any where else:rolleyes:

Kevin