how much horse power?

lgonzalez_1986

dont know **** bout gns
How much horse power could our stock blocks take before they become unreliable? And by unreliable I mean for a good driver, not daily driver but if I wanted to drive it daily I would like that option, not just track trips! Also how affective is the alky kit? What does it do to our engines over time? Thanks guys!

My old set up put out close to 480rwhp. Biggest thing is don't let it detonate. The higher the boost the more damage detonation is going to do. I usually run less timing and less boost on the street. I like alky, it keeps the motor clean.:D

What set up did you have before? Did you have an unoppened motor or did you have mods done to it?

A stock block will hold up to TMS horsepower. That's big horsepower.:biggrin: Like you say, your looking at daily driver horsepower so with a good clean tune you should be fine with more than streetable horsepower. Remember. A good tune.;)

from a stock to a FAST car it's all about the tune. ALL will grenade with detonation. had 11 street cars for 20 years and a 9 sec one for 4 years.. Both drive fine on the street. Both run Julio's Alky :cool: We run a LOT of boost on the street BUT I didn't say you will be able to USE it.. Power comes on FAST !! More boost ya run you had better have a good tune.. We make very few changes if any from track/street . Alky is a BLAST !!!!

So where's the 9 second car and your daughter and son in law been latley? You guys made some awesome power. OP search for Melissa's secret 9 second build. It's very impressive to say the least.

So where's the 9 second car and your daughter and son in law been latley?

They are still around hoping to get back to the track BUT it's hard with both working a LOT. She drives it to work every now an then.. hour and 30 min drive going threw Boston an sittin in traffic with the AC on. :cool: Plus they use the car all summer down there. We have been working on some new "stuff" to

interesting! but did you guys have to touch internals? what size turbo, injectors, and amount of boost!

interesting! but did you guys have to touch internals? what size turbo, injectors, and amount of boost!

67mm turbo, 60# injectors and a lot of boost is the most you will get outta Grumpy. Timing....Classified. Shane and I are going to issue a B.O.L.O. on your son-in-law Grumpy!:cool: Going to need spare motors soon.

Mid 11s ..stock motor .. very simple set up.. especially with the new turbo's they have out there now. My only other words of wisdom is NO KNOCK :p

67mm turbo, 60# injectors and a lot of boost is the most you will get outta Grumpy. Timing....Classified. Shane and I are going to issue a B.O.L.O. on your son-in-law Grumpy!:cool: Going to need spare motors soon.

Russ is all over the place working . GOOD thing is this economy !! :biggrin: Buicks ...he is DONE !! EXCEPT for our junk. :p Seriously he just doesn't have the time.