How much fluid?

Sarah99gxe

Finally got my Turbo
How much fluid goes into the 2004r when it's completely empty? (This is for the T-Type).

Thanks,
Sarah~

Depends on Cooler and size of pan and converter size

How much fluid goes into the 2004r when it's completely empty? (This is for the T-Type).

Thanks,
Sarah~

BUT..... lets say for the sake of this thread that you have stock pan , stock converter and no external cooler. It should take about 13 qts.

Now with increased cooler size or increased or decreased converter size, that would alter the amount.
Example:Our deep pan kit with a 2004r and a 9X11 coverter and a 11"X11"X2" cooler would hold about 17-18 qts.

To be honest and not insult anybody, rule of thumb is to follow the dipstick reading. When it says full hot, that is what you go by.

Hope this helps.
Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services

Thanks Bruce :)

Since the car is not running yet - I'm unable to determine what the fluid level reading will be when 'hot'.

So I will be safe and put in 12 or so - then once running, check the fluid level and adjust as neccesary.

Then - if the tranny doesn't work at all - you'll be seeing me soon :) (The car has been sitting for 12 years - I have no idea the condition of the transmission).

Sarah~

Thanks Bruce :)

Since the car is not running yet - So I will be safe and put in 12 or so - then once running, check the fluid level and adjust as neccesary.

Sarah~

I wouldn't put that much fluid in it if it's not running. Without the pump turning, dumping that much fluid into the pan will probably just make a nice mess in the floor.

Rule of thumb I always used on a completely stock set up is to put 4 qts. in, start the engine, put 4 qts. more in and then start reading the dip stick.

LISTEN to THIS guy

I wouldn't put that much fluid in it if it's not running. Without the pump turning, dumping that much fluid into the pan will probably just make a nice mess in the floor.

Rule of thumb I always used on a completely stock set up is to put 4 qts. in, start the engine, put 4 qts. more in and then start reading the dip stick.

Hello Sarah,
He has it right as to how to start up fill.
Any ?'s, call the shop.
Bruce
WE4www.PTSXTREME.com