How Much Does The Stock Elbow Hurt?

Blown&Injected

I did a search and did not notice results for over 10 years...I did see everything from just a little help to big gains for just switching out the elbow.

I ported the stock elbow and have a 3" DP that I was just about to mark for a WBO2 bung when I got to thinking - should I invest in this DP if the ported elbow is hurting and a new 3" without the elbow would be a much better part to go with.

It is a (roughly) high 11 car with thoughts of some type of new turbo such as a MFS620 or a PT62...and mid 10's.

So, is it foolish to continue with the current 3", two piece, stainless steel DP?

About 25 or more years ago with a stock GN, a 3" TH downpipe was worth .2ths in the 1/4 mile, should be more with a larger turbo.

is a (roughly) high 11 car with thoughts of some type of new turbo such as a MFS620 or a PT62...and mid 10's.
Put a 3 in dp on it and call it a day.thats a part that wont hurt you on a 11sec combo and you can take with you on your mid 10 sec journey.no you don't need it at your current power level

If I can get 2 tenths for about $400...Sounds like a good deal. The best tuners I am sure can do better with what I have, but I would be happy with 2 tenths.

What I mean by roughly high 11's is that I have run 11.7, but it was a first time out and there was no tuning beyond raising the boost to 22 PSI and fill the tank with Sunoco 100 unleaded.

That's pretty darn good. I say chuck the wb on and try some more tuning. You can use the wb on the new pipe next year.