How much do stock 86-7 TRs weigh?

x86gn

Just like the title says; and with no weight reduction tricks. It looks like most stock LS1s are coming in at around 3,450lbs and LT1s are about 100-150 lbs heavier. Was just curious since I never had my 86 GN weighed. Thanks!!

my neighbor has a 96 trans am and it weighs in well over 4000lbs its still fast as hell though.

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Mine weighs 3500# with 1/2 tank gas and no one in it. Also did not have the spare or jack in it

I weighed in at 3750 , And I'm 260???

Mine weighed in at 3460, but mine is a turbo T w/aluminum wheels/bumper reinforcements and rear brake drums.

My T-type weighs 3595-3605 with me (165), assorted junk and laptop (15) and 6 gallons of gas (40), so empty it weighs 3375-3385.

This is a low option 86 t-type with AL bumper brackets, but I do have big sway bars, bracing and a light weight spare.

Originally posted by blackbuick87
JUSTAV6 is that with you in the car? What kind of scale

Yes that was me in it, I'm build like a farm Boy, HUSKY, 260
And I dont know what kind of scale it was, I was at work, All I can tell ya is it a Big One:D

my track has a drive on and mine is about 3780 or so without me and 1/2 tank gass in full street trim including a big speaker box and all + Spare tire......

Excellent info, thanks. Seems like there seems to be quite a bit of variance in the weights, though, maybe from scale inaccuracies?

That 4,000lb 1996 TA must have a lot of stereo equipment in it , be a convertible, and/or be with the driver in it. My 1996 LT1 automatic was 3,580lbs full (full gas, spare in, etc..) w/ me NOT in it. This was on a CAT scale which apparently is certified (I have no idea what that exactly means, though). My GN "seemed" like it felt lighter than the LT1 TA, perhaps even lighter than the LS1, so I was guesstimating the TR to weigh about 3,400 (full, w/o driver).

Originally posted by x86gn
Excellent info, thanks. Seems like there seems to be quite a bit of variance in the weights, though, maybe from scale inaccuracies?

The options you have will also make a difference. Having all the power options and A/C, etc. adds up after a while. This has come up several times on the monte board and the weights are similar to what has been posted here - anywhere from 3400-3700 lbs.

You could also check the door sticker for the factory rating.

3,410 pounds, with me in it, race ready, at Bristol...

BTW, I believe the door sticker reflects GVWR, which has nothing to do with what your car really weighs...

:)

3410 with you in it? What did you do replace the seats with aluminum outdoor furniture and replace the back seat with a 2x4?

It's a T, just a THDP for an exhaust, no spare/jack/trunk mat, skinnies/slicks, Convos, no sway bars, that's about it. Light as a feather, eh?