How much difference?

Fuelie Nova

First of all I love this site! I am running a EFI 383 SBC, strickley street and coast to coast driving. The build up is pretty normal... AFR 190 heads, 10.5:1 compression, Isky Hydraulic roller setup and Edelbrock fuel injection. Transmission is a 4L60E.
My question is this, I currently run the Edelbrock setup which is narrow band and somewhat limited in the tuning, however my car runs pretty good in my opinion.
I also have a nice used FAST B/B setup which includes the wideband O2 sensor. My question is... how much difference if any would I see by switching to the FAST setup. I know I can do more finite tunning but will this be worth it over the Edelbrock setup?
I am trying to decide whether to sell the FAST setup or install it.

Any opinions greatly appreciated!
Tom

Depends on the cost of the unit you are getting, and remember replacement widebands are $300~+ for the fast. If your on a budget you can go with a innovate lc-1 wideband controller for $200 and pump in narrow band emulation from the wideband signal for greater accuracy, and use it to tune also , so you can dial in your fuel map at least. However the if you buy the external display its $400 with lc-1 and xd-1 combined. The sensors are $60-70 only

The answer: It depends. If you are already running great (which could be confirmed by the Innovative), then you will not notice a difference.

Essentially, all the FAST does is control the injector PW and timing (and a few other things)- it is really not possible for us to guess how close you already are to "perfect". The best thing about the FAST is the ease of tuning, but if you are already tuned "perfectly" (or very good anyhow) then there won't be much of a difference at the end of the day.

-Bob Cunningham

Thanks for the comments Guy's.
Bob what you said is what I really suspected. I have indeed spent a lot of time tuning my existing system. Much time spent on the chassis dyno to tune two different fuel and timing maps, one for economy and one for power.
I did not know what to expect in the way of performance between the two systems if both are tuned to the best of my (and the dyno operator's) ability. Since my application is street only, I will probably just eBay the FAST setup :wink:
Thanks
Tom