How much can I ask for my motor?

evil666

I have a 109 block that has between 600 and 700 miles since my total rebuild and something went wrong with the main bearings. I could sell the motor fixed but I rather sell it broken so this way the buyer could get it rebuilt by the engine builder that he wants and maybe even get a warranty. It is a 109 block with a N/A crank, billet center mains , weisco forged pistons, stock rods, arp studs for the mains and arp bolts for the connecting rods. The rings could even be reused since the new motor didn't have a lot of mileage. This short block is without the cam, timming chain cover, and double timming chain. What I want to know from you guys is how much can I ask for this motor and add at least 300$ for shipping of it.

Thanks
Marco

T-Top 86 Grand Nationals (63000km) 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, razor alky injection, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 21/19 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter

BEST E/T= Exhaust closed
60FT=1.48 (foot brake on 4 lbs of boost)
1/8= 6.65 at 100 mph
1/4= 10.83
MPH=105.2 (letting off the gas, car was running to lean, double pumper for next year)

Any opions please.

Thanks
Marco

T-Top 86 Grand Nationals (63000km) 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, razor alky injection, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 21/19 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter

BEST E/T= Exhaust closed
1/8= 6.65 at 100 mph
1/4= 10.83
MPH=105.2 (letting off the gas, car was running to lean, double pumper for next year)

ill give 100.00

Sure I will give you 2 arp main stud bolts for that price.

BEST E/T= Exhaust closed
1/8= 6.65 at 100 mph
1/4= 10.83

What went wrong?

Did you not have a warranty?

It's impossible to put a price on it over the net and without knowing exactly what went wrong.

Need to list who built the motor. Balanced rotating assembly? did metal go through the motor?
I think I would take the caps,rods and pistons out and buy another crank and build you a new motor.
Very hard to put a value on someone elses property without knowing all of the specifics. Just my opinion, I am not looking to purchase.

Bryan

I'll give you a price. Motor unseen, from Canada, and at the very least needing the bottom end rebuilt... 1000...Not a dime more from someone who knows these engines. Having a NA crank in it does not help the situation either.

What went wrong

It's impossible to put a price on it over the net and without knowing exactly what went wrong.

Need to list who built the motor. Balanced rotating assembly? did metal go through the motor.

)
Very hard to put a value on someone elses property without knowing all of the specifics. Just my opinion, I am not looking to purchase.

Bryan

The honest truth is that this motor has been rebuilt twice in the 600 to 700 miles that I did. Both times because the main bearings wore off and I don't know whyThe machine shop and the builder are to different people. The first time it broke down the machine shop didn't want to take any responsabilty. So I rebuilt it again with the same engine builder but a different machine shop. The new machine shop couldn't find anything wrong with the motor except for telling me that it was contamination caused by an oil additif. I had a hard time believing that because the only thing I added to my oil was zddp, but went ahead and got another rebuilt. Drove a few hundred miles and the same thing happened again. Oil psi starts to drop slowly. The last time I saved the crank because I caught right away so the crank just needed a polish, and this time I think I caught it right away again but haven't had the chance to really check it. This time my friend which is my engine builder says that it happened because I used 5w30 oil instead of 20w50, but I have a hard time believing that because the first time it happened it was with 10w40 oil.
Two different machine shops in montreal and A friend of mine was the builder and yes the motor was balanced. Anyways I lost total confidence in the machine shops to getting the motor done localy. The reason I want to sell this motor is because I was thinking of maybe buying a stroker motor that weber sells that I don't have to send a core.

Thanks
Marco

BEST E/T= Exhaust closed
1/8= 6.65 at 100 mph
1/4= 10.83