how much boost???

sick GN

How much boost can a te60 run and still make good power??? Is there a sweet spot for these turbos???

Thanks

on my old combo I had the te60 at 28psi (stock heads and intake) , my new setup I can only get 22-23psi out of it ( champion intake and alluminum heads)
11.06 @122

I have a stock long block right now but a big front mount and 70mm tb and I am getting 27 pounds... just wondering if that's good for the turbo... I know some turbos make allot more power with higher boost levels... just wondering what boost levels are best with the te60

I have a stock long block right now but a big front mount and 70mm tb and I am getting 27 pounds... just wondering if that's good for the turbo... I know some turbos make allot more power with higher boost levels... just wondering what boost levels are best with the te60

As evidenced in the reply from Keith, it depends on the combo. You'll never run too much boost for the turbo with a TE60. The hotside will hold you back before the compressor runs out. The boost level you make will be determined by the amount of horsepower you want. The boost needed to attain said horsepower will be determined by your engines natural ability to flow air. Keith makes similar power at 22psi as he did at 28psi but the heads and intake make it easier to get there. Don't kid yourself though; detonation will kill a high hp motor whether you run all the boost or not. Boost is a better measure of what you're engine CAN NOT eat rather than a good indicator of power or what your engine CAN eat.