How many WE-4s are left?

if your rpo doesnt have we4,its not one.that simple.owning a T is still very rare.

Agreed and it really does not matter, however, I wonder when the first WE4 code was used. I know that the bulletin came to the dealer in 11/86 and the order form was available in 1/07. The website I referenced had an early WE4 with this quote on his car:

"The car is one of the earliest WE4's I personally have EVER seen. Made in 01/87. Vin ends in 425490"

My Vin ends in 4235XX. Built in December. It has all the codes down to the Aluminum Bumpers VD6 and VD7. At some point in time WE4 was first printed on the RPO, just wonder when?

Love this history stuff on these cars. A "T" for sure!

Rich

I bought my WW4 new and still have it. It was built 2-18-87 and was at the dealer a wwek later. The options for it are: AU3, A01, A31, C04, D68, G80, K34, LC2, N33, TT5, T63, T82, UA1, UA6, UM6, US7, U52, VK3, WE4. Color 19U Trim 393, seats 82B GRY. It stickered for $17,256.

It has 31,000 miles and still looks great. It got a 2nd place plaque at the 2006 GS Nationals carshow & I ran it in bracket 1 at this years GS Nationals and it ran a 10.71 on 93octane w/alky. Everything still works great including ice cold AC.

I did not really know what a WE4 was when I bought the car. I'm lucky that I was in the right place at the right time when this car showed up at my dealer. Paul

2 friends of mine have them. Both T-top cars with all the usual options. there was another one locally for sale about a year or so back, whatever became of it I dunno, it was pretty rough from what I saw of it.

well i cut one up for parts a couple months ago.

and the one in my sig is one.
-power windows
-rear deforst
- and i think thats it... hah

20 accounted and verified so far. approximately 8 gone. 1519 to go! I'm starting to feel proud of my rusty can. Oh that one on egay! make that 21 verified and 1518 to go.
Forgot to mention I also have soft-ray tint.

Melissa's had one before her GN she has now ... Damm that car took a beating :eek: :p

Attachments

• Melissalaunch.JPG
    Melissalaunch.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 434
I bought mine new and it's still running, needs a new body though.

I'm gonna buy a GN and use that to restore it as we all know a GN is a poor man's WE4. :biggrin:

Mines loaded with astroroof, $18.4K sticker.

Daily driver, race car, storage facility, off road vehicle, electronics project tester..... :cool:

There is suppose to be about 300 of the chrome bumper units made before the we-4 went into production in 87.

You're making the same assumption I used to make. You could get a black chrome bumper TR through out the 87 model year. Its just after the WE4 was introduced that you couldn't order the black cars with the W02 black out package. Most people think you couldn't get a black TR after the WE4 came out.

What I always thought was a bummer with the WE4 was that you were stuck with the gray cloth buckets. The WE4 was supposed to be one of those low cost/high profit models. How much more money would it have cost GM to offer red or tan cloth interiors?

Looking through my SPID label collection I have the following WE4 VINs.

I usually snag these when there is a pic on eBay or somewhere else so I assume these cars are still on the road. If you bought your WE4 on eBay double check your VIN to make sure its not listed here.

Couple of pics.

Regular Black '87 T with WO2 black out and chrome bumper.

Black87T.jpg

Best search engine on the net, Dogpile.com brought up 96 websites that relate to the WE4s.

Dogpile Web Search Home Page

Weee Furrr trunk label.

WE4label.jpg

WE4

WE4.jpg

WE4 Interior shots

WE4int1.jpg

WE4int2.jpg

And last but not least, a very good write up about WE4s with more good pics.

Hemmings Motor News: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T

You can add Dave & Natalie Fiscus to the list of owners of 1 WE4 as well.

Patrick

Theres 1 WE4 about 2 miles out of town from me. I actually had the chance to buy it 2 years ago for $4500, rust free with around 60,000 miles. My T is black with chrome bumpers and trim.

You're making the same assumption I used to make. You could get a black chrome bumper TR through out the 87 model year. Its just after the WE4 was introduced that you couldn't order the black cars with the W02 black out package. Most people think you couldn't get a black TR after the WE4 came out.

What I always thought was a bummer with the WE4 was that you were stuck with the gray cloth buckets. The WE4 was supposed to be one of those low cost/high profit models. How much more money would it have cost GM to offer red or tan cloth interiors?

Yeah I agree but did you ever see a black T with wo-2 black out after the we-4's were introduced? I haven't. I'm agreeing with you but always wonder if 1 didn't slip thru.
I'll e-mail you my vin on the car I have here with split bench seats all black out & chrome bumpers.

So since it looks like the experts are here, can someone look at my RPO sticker and tell me what my car looked like when it was built. There are not any W codes on this car:confused:

Also, a picture of what it looked like when I bought it.

Thanks,

Rich

Attachments

• RPO Codes.jpg
    RPO Codes.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 394
  • P5170017.JPG
    P5170017.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 394
we4

I bought mine in 1999. I knew it was a "T" but didn't know about a we4 yet. I kept hearing about it on this site, checked the rpo code and what a nice surprise! Its real hard to expalin what it is when people dont know much about a GN.

Anyone else think Shane should host the WE4 data Registry now that he's rich and famous and most importantly of all, he owns a WE4?! :cool:

I miss the registry and the pictures and all, especially since my car was first up. :p

The Registry was a good place to look up WE4's and how they were optioned out and all and there was a good number of them there. :smile:

There's gotta be a better way to track these. Maybe someone with computer smarts could start a sticky with counters, one for existing cars, one for non existing cars, and then we could just list the options in our posts. Just a thought. SO far 26 known, 9 in the crusher. 1512 to go. Yes a registry-a good one-would be really cool. Kinda like the gnregistry but just WE-4 specific with lots of pics, any dealer info, etc. Forgot to mention, my car didn't even get floor mats-it really is a cheapie.

The registry was well run and detailed and WE4 only, very exclusive. ;) :cool:

Easier to track than a thread.

Mine didn't get floor mats either, made the dealer put them in for "sticker price". :p