How many WE-4s are left?

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Let's start with the ones on here, I have one. Where's the other 1,546? List the options!

Radio delete
power antenna
power windows
rear defrost
license plate bracket-pretty much it.

I know of probably at least 5-6 that have been cut up for parts in the 15 years or so of owning/racing these cars. I would say AT LEAST 20-30% have met the same fate. Only makes the ones that are left much more valueble. People are cutting these things up way to much just because of some rust or high mileage issues. Same for the GN's that are left.:frown:

Ken B.

working on one now:cool: .
t-tops,pw,pdl,cruise,tilt,rear def,pwr ant. belongs to a freind here in Statesboro.tuning it now.....

Count me as #4
Original owner
The GN registry which includes turbo Regals could help with this.

no moon roof or T-tops
no block heater

how do You tell We-4 from regular GN. I have all those options exept power seats,or t-top

No Grand national badges, gray interior (no black trim) and the code in the trunk is? (Sorry someone will know).

I've got one. Had it since Jan, '88. Tilt, cruise, pdl, am-fm-cass, tint, and G-80. That's about all.

No Grand national badges, gray interior (no black trim) and the code in the trunk is? (Sorry someone will know).

Well, I may have one? The reason I say may is because my build date of the car is 12c (December 3rd week?) and from what I've seen the very early WE4 has a January build. In fact the dealer order form is dated Rev. 1 1/87. But my car fits the order form exactly. It's the low option K group car. Here is the order form, scroll down on the page:

BUICKWE4.com

So I don't have WE4 on my RPO, just the seperate options listed. So is it a WE4? Is it part of the 1547 made? Or is it the first one? I may never know?

Rich

Mine is a wanna-be. Just like a WE4, but it came with chrome bumpers instead (no WE4 code in the trunk!). There's no options - just posi.

Mine is a wanna-be. Just like a WE4, but it came with chrome bumpers instead (no WE4 code in the trunk!). There's no options - just posi.

There is suppose to be about 300 of the chrome bumper units made before the we-4 went into production in 87. I have 1 here with the split bench option.It was ordered that way.Being restored.

3 other we-4's here besides that 1. 1 for sale & 2 I'm keeping.

I also have a customers we-4 with t-tops we are repairing & restoring.

When the we-4 registry was active I had 3 listed & 2 others I didn't.
I've owned about 15 we-4's only parted 1.
Shane Grimsley has 1 of my old we-4's as well.

There is suppose to be about 300 of the chrome bumper units made before the we-4 went into production in 87. I have 1 here with the split bench option.It was ordered that way.Being restored.

3 other we-4's here besides that 1. 1 for sale & 2 I'm keeping.

I also have a customers we-4 with t-tops we are repairing & restoring.

When the we-4 registry was active I had 3 listed & 2 others I didn't.
I've owned about 15 we-4's only parted 1.
Shane Grimsley has 1 of my old we-4's as well.

Cool man. Thanks for the info. I can just imagine some engineer or marketing guy standing at the end of the assembly line saying "these black T's should have black bumpers too. Let's change it."

if your rpo doesnt have we4,its not one.that simple.owning a T is still very rare.

Well, I may have one? The reason I say may is because my build date of the car is 12c (December 3rd week?) and from what I've seen the very early WE4 has a January build. In fact the dealer order form is dated Rev. 1 1/87. But my car fits the order form exactly. It's the low option K group car. Here is the order form, scroll down on the page:

BUICKWE4.com

So I don't have WE4 on my RPO, just the seperate options listed. So is it a WE4? Is it part of the 1547 made? Or is it the first one? I may never know?

Rich