How many TTA's left?

Has anyone ever wondered how many TTA's are still around? I believe they produced around 1500, but how many have been totaled or parted out? Is there any way to find out how many are still remaining from the original total?

Gary

Gary,

I guess there is ways to find out this number but it would be very difficult. Some where around 2001, 2002 there was a guy on the TTA mail list that was an insurance agent or adjuster or something,:confused: told the list that the statistics that insurance companies use indicated that there would be 700 left at that time. If there is any insurance folks on this forum they may be able to obtain this statistic.

Well, that only accounts for the cars that have been insured. I'm sure there are a few hundered that have never been titled or insured other than on a home owners policy.

Gary,

I guess there is ways to find out this number but it would be very difficult. Some where around 2001, 2002 there was a guy on the TTA mail list that was an insurance agent or adjuster or something,:confused: told the list that the statistics that insurance companies use indicated that there would be 700 left at that time. If there is any insurance folks on this forum they may be able to obtain this statistic.

Frank here is the post you were referring to.

PS
Send more Tequila!
cheers.gif

cya
Jim

Subject: Re: [tta] How Many Turbo Trans Ams Are Left
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 00:00:32 -0800

I received some reliable information from an Alabama Pontiac dealer I do
business with concerning the remaining amount of TTA's left in
existence. According a Collector's Registar that he uses to verify
existence of several other collectible Pontiacs for his customers, there
are 1048 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Ams left
registered worldwide.This does not take into account any TTA's stored
without registration,(these would not be insured however and we know how
stupid that would be) or salvage title parting out vehicles. Considering
normal vehicle attrition rate is 4-7% each of the first 10 years after
production,I believe this figure to be fairly accurate.(Attrition
figures based on Insurance Statistics). Fellow TTA owners,it's time to
bask in the glory of owning a much rarer collectable than was previously
thought!
Big Dee
1999 WS6 RamAir T/A

1985 WS6 T/A 5.7 Tuned Port 1994
Supercharged Bonneville SSEI
1987 WS6 SS Racing ProT/A

MAD CASH WITH PLENTY TO FLASH !

To unsubscribe send a blank email to tta-f-body-unsubscribe@topica.com

I do not believe normal attrition rates apply to these cars as most are well cared for and see limited daily use.

I just ran into a local TTA I've never seen before and it had 249K on it! For 30K new the working people that spent what they had to buy one drove the hell out of them. At least around this area. Just ask Grumpy.. he drove the hell out of the ones he owned! :biggrin: Sure some got put away but not as many as you think. Another problem is people did not store them right. When I had mine appraised he told me he just did a TTA a month ago with 5K miles on it and the injectors were full of rust and they could not even get it started!

I just ran into a local TTA I've never seen before and it had 249K on it! For 30K new the working people that spent what they had to buy one drove the hell out of them. At least around this area. Just ask Grumpy.. he drove the hell out of the ones he owned! :biggrin: Sure some got put away but not as many as you think. Another problem is people did not store them right. When I had mine appraised he told me he just did a TTA a month ago with 5K miles on it and the injectors were full of rust and they could not even get it started!

we had a lot of them up here that were driven ... sorry but I would say prob lucky if half of them are left. REMEMBER these cars were DOGs to the dealers!!! ya a few sold for the big bucks but most were not. ummmm I havent driven the crap out of my 10,508 mile TTA sitting in a climate controlled garage:eek: maybe next year though :p

I think these cars were always considered valuable,so that even a seriously damaged one would have been repaired rather than junked . A GTA with $5000 damage is a total; a TTA with $5000 damage is a repairable vehicle.

I got rid of my '88 GTA for a total song, and it ran better and had less problems then my TTA currently has. I can't even contemplate selling the TTA, ever. For what I paid for it, I could've bought two or three other third-gens, more if I picked up base-models Firebirds. (Picked up a beater '87 base model for only 300 bucks about two years ago, amazed it still ran! Should've kept it as-is as a daily driver...)

1st owner

Curious, is anyone out there an original owner? I'm happy to say that I'm the original first owner of my TTA. I've put a tire peeling 34,000 miles on it since I got it when I was 17. Dad was a dealer, so I got to pick on that years baddest GM car. Still glad I didn't wait for a ZR1. Since those days I've nailed a few ZR1 vettes. They were fast on top, but never hung in a drag race.
It's been fun, I can't imagine trading it or selling it. Though I would trade for a low mile F40, that's the only car I think would be as much fun.

Curious, is anyone out there an original owner? I'm happy to say that I'm the original first owner of my TTA. I've put a tire peeling 34,000 miles on it since I got it when I was 17. Dad was a dealer, so I got to pick on that years baddest GM car. Still glad I didn't wait for a ZR1. Since those days I've nailed a few ZR1 vettes. They were fast on top, but never hung in a drag race.
It's been fun, I can't imagine trading it or selling it. Though I would trade for a low mile F40, that's the only car I think would be as much fun.

So it was your first car too? I'm not the original owner on my TTA, I think I'm the 3rd, but it's my first car and I'll be holding onto it forever. My dad is the original owner on his 1972 Firebird, and it was also his first car, he always says that whenever he was a kid that all he heard from his elders was that they wished they would have kept their first cars so he decided to keep his. Now he's really happy that he did and it's his pride and joy, I plan to do the same.

My dad was the original owner of my GN. I took care of it since the day he bought it. :D I bought it from him in 97. The title is still in his name and sits in his garage. :biggrin: