how many things can you find wrong?

evil_gn

House Of Bling
with this ebay jewel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4535942103&category=6137

i cant imagine someone trying to pass this off for what they have in the description.

i look at it, and the few things that i see are:

no fender trim
no trunk trim
no center caps
the dash plaque is wrong
the intercooler shroud is missing.
no intercooled emblems and no gn emblem on the trunk
the ignition switch is basicly missing

and then they have private bidders so someone cant be warned that they are about to buy a terd.

Digital dash sensor on pass side fenderwell still hooked up, yet has analog dash cluster.....

this alone will tell you that the car does not have "original miles"
because the cluster has been swapped out.

hood trim used to be chrome
no ic shroud
no door pull strap covers
no GN badge on pass side dash plaque
T emblem instead of trishield for 86 GN
hood badge only on one side
no blackout w02 trim on the lower section of the decklid
trunk lock should be black
incorrect lug nuts
no center caps

did i pass the test?

BW

should someone contact ebay and let them know about this?

the damn steering wheel is the most blatant thing about the whole deal. lol@ the T emblem.

You guys missed the third brake light that is missing. Which means that it is not an 86, but an 84-85. Someone's done something funny with two cars and made one.

low miles?? almost 100K ?? LOLO yea right

IC shroud missin..

Its a POS.. Look what the idiot is claiming.. MInt and the best GN you will ever find! LOLOL That car is a turd

its almost sad, someone is thinking that they are going to get their dream car from the description and then get there and if they dont know any better buy it, take it home and then someone will tell them what all is missing.

its probably a couple of thousand dollars just to get all the parts missing.

My 87 GN came with the T horn emblem. I think its a known fact that they ran out of the tri shield horn buttons late in the run, but other than that, there are a lot of things wrong with that car.

The driver's side door pull strap doesn't appear to be the correct color. It looks darker than stock.

its an 86 which had black pull straps.

Originally posted by URSPANKED
The driver's side door pull strap doesn't appear to be the correct color. It looks darker than stock.

That car is shady, I dont even think I would waste my time looking at it.

It's an '86. You could barely make out the 3rd brake light in a few of the pics. Difficult to see thru the tint but it's there.

Those front bumper bezels really look blasted.

Only 1 hood emblem, T horn cap, Regal dash plaque, no wheel well mouldings, no intercooled badging, no GN trunk emblem, no wheel center caps, ignition has been replaced, missing lighter, ricer pedals, missing intercooler shroud, low miles with 97k :rolleyes: ,

notice how the high bidder ID is private, you cant contact them and warn them that way either

Originally posted by gnturboray
Only 1 hood emblem, T horn cap, Regal dash plaque, no wheel well mouldings, no intercooled badging, no GN trunk emblem, no wheel center caps, ignition has been replaced, missing lighter, ricer pedals, missing intercooler shroud, low miles with 97k :rolleyes: ,

Putting my car next to yours I wouldnt consider mine low miles either. I just turned the 61,800 mile mark. ;)

My first 1987 GN had a Buick Regal dash plaque installed from the factory.

HOWEVER, there's something very shady about this car. For a POS the car looks pretty HOT.

CarFax

CarFax reports the following on it:

VIN 1G4GK4771GP218884
Year/Make/Model: 1986 BUICK REGAL T-TYPE
Body Style: Coupe
Engine Type: 3.8L V6 SFI OHV TURBO
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 9 records found in our database

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
My 87 GN came with the T horn emblem. I think its a known fact that they ran out of the tri shield horn buttons late in the run, but other than that, there are a lot of things wrong with that car.

This car is a 86, so it should have the trishield correct?

my 87 white limited has the original horn button, and was built 9-86 and has t-type instead of T.

The dash cluster was swapped out, everyone notices the diapragm on the pass side by the relays, that is to turn on the 2 lights on the digtal dash cluster cars.

BW

Re: CarFax

Originally posted by TT/A1233
CarFax reports the following on it:

VIN 1G4GK4771GP218884
Year/Make/Model: 1986 BUICK REGAL T-TYPE
Body Style: Coupe
Engine Type: 3.8L V6 SFI OHV TURBO
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 9 records found in our database

comes up as a t-type and hes trying to sell it as a grand national.

thats just shady as hell!

Based on the missing/incorrect parts & swapped ignition/trunk lock cylinders, I'd be willing to wager that this may have been a theft recovery that's been 'fixed up'.