How many MPG does your GTP give you.

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
Hey folks, I'm new to the 3.8 SC world and I think these cars are awesome! I would like to know what kind of MPG you guys are seeing in your cars from the stock one to the basic modded car (high 13's to low 14's) to the higher modded cars (high 12's to high 13's).

Please list MPG and modds, and milage of car if possible.

Thanks.
:cool:

Higher modded car: 16mpg city 26 mpg highway

That a quote by Zig Ziglar in your sig?

I see around 30mpg on the highway, and around 20mpg in the city. The car responds well to the exhaust mods and intake mods for mileage. It's the other mods that will kill your fuel milage, unless you drive responsible, but what's the fun in that.

I have a 3.4,Thraser CAI, DHP PCM, 180 stat, Delco 91- 432 plugs, and exhaust work. I am installing a 3.25 and 1.9 ratio rocker arms soon, the mileage should stay around the same.

Thanks

How many miles or on your odometers?

I'm looking at a stock 98 GTP and I want somethings that has good MPG that I can turn into a high 13 sec daily driver. It has 50K, so I just want to get some ideas.

Yes, Zig is the man!

:D

I have 65K on mine, bought it with 42K. I've had all the mods on, under 50K. No problems at all so far. Just curious, have you looked at a Regal GS?

Jorge... What's up bro..

My Boy Lou just bought his 97 GTP 4 door like 2 months ago... Thing is quick bro....

So far with Trasher intake, and cat delete and new piping to the Y pipe, he's getting about 18 mpg driving around town... Not much highway driving.....

My car has 65,000 miles and has been modded pretty much since day one (I bought the car new).

I used to attend Zig's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church right outside of Dallas - great guy.

Thanks

Everyone is doing well over 11 mpg, which is what my GN gets me. :eek:

My main concern right now is gas milage, then speed. Looks like the GTP can get the job done.

Nory, It's good to here from you pal. I'd like to take a spin in that GTP when possible. Ring me up when you get a chance.

Trymy231, are you in sales? I really like Zig. I've read a couple of his books in the past several months. I had a chance to go see him speak live several weeks ago here in Miami but I had just returned from Las Vegas and was to tired. I know I missed out badly. I'll probably get another chance someday.

Nothing wrong with 11-15mpg

There is if you have to drive 2 hours to the track with 100+ octane in the car. :eek:

Trymy231, are you in sales? I really like Zig. I've read a couple of his books in the past several months. I had a chance to go see him speak live several weeks ago here in Miami but I had just returned from Las Vegas and was to tired. I know I missed out badly. I'll probably get another chance someday.

No, not sales. I'm at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. He is an awesome motivational speaker though.