How many miles w/ the MT ET Street Drag Radials

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I just wanted to get a good idea as far as what kind of miles you're getting out of a pair? I've heard these are awesome tires, but how's the wear compared to the BFG Drag Radials or Nitto's?

The Darkside

I have almost 2000 miles on mine, and still have about 2/3 tread left. Most of the miles are street driving and not doing a ton of burn outs and such.

Ben

I probally done like 20 runs on it and don't seem to see much wear on it. Give the guys at M/T a call they have these tires on a test vehicle.

I went ahead & called the guys at Mickey Thompson's & the sales guy told me that 2,000-3,000 miles is the average. He said they were created just to blow the competition away in the D.O.T. classes, but not intended for any kind of street driving other than going to & from the track...

The Darkside :cool:

The Darkside said:
I went ahead & called the guys at Mickey Thompson's & the sales guy told me that 2,000-3,000 miles is the average. He said they were created just to blow the competition away in the D.O.T. classes, but not intended for any kind of street driving other than going to & from the track...

The Darkside :cool:
Jeez after reading that I may not consider to go that route for my street driven car, I wonder why they would say that there only gonna lose sales??

TEST MY 6 said:
Jeez after reading that I may not consider to go that route for my street driven car, I wonder why they would say that there only gonna lose sales??

I for one, happen to respect and appreciate ANY company or employee who is TOTALLY honest about their products!;)

I have a set on my Mustang (325/50R15), and have so far cut a best of a 1.60 short time. The only thing my car has a problem with is shocking the sidewalls too much, which an ET Street would be better apt to take, but as far as stickyness, the ET Street Radial STICKS just as good as the ET Street Slick.

So - for track use, and minimal to moderate hwy use = M/T ET Street Radial

Mostly street use, occasional track use = Nitto.

I've got between 2K and 3K on mine and have well over 80% tread left. They endured at least 20 passes at the Nationals in May and have seen mostly street driving. I love these tires. They behave great on the street although I haven't dared try them in anything but dry conditions!

Going to the track tomorrow as a matter of fact!

TEST MY 6 said:

I had mine on a daily driver, drove on em in the rain too. The held up fine, I wouldn't be worried about.

It's just so hard to make a decision when one person can have 3000 miles on a pair & 80% tread left & another can have 700 miles & they're almost gone..and they both have 20 track passes & the rest street driven miles....

TIMS87GN & cablebandit: How are you're driving habits on the street??? It seems as if we're talking about 2 totally different tires...

even MT says these tires are not intended for the street....don't expect them to be useful there for long......I think 2-3000 would be the max.....I have about 500 on mine and they are 1/2 gone (but a bunch of drag strip runs)

they are drag tires, plain & simple.....get Nittos if you want street mileage

I would be willing to bet that most of your wear comes from your burnouts at the track though. I have about 2500 and 2 trips to the track on mine, and they are still not down to the wear bars. I think that they are at about 3/32nds

Ben

The Darkside said:
mr_nate....hopw many miles have you gotten out of yours so far & how much tread is left?

2 track runs, both times tires were cold. About 900-1000km, and 75% tread left.