How Many "Limited" Owners Out There?

Sleeper Limiteds

DSCF2675.jpg2005_0517LTDshop0044.jpgLTD orig. window price sticker.jpgDSCF2720.jpg2005_0519LTDshop0104.jpg
Good point. Unfortunately I didn't take my time and bought an 86 GN. I didn't realize that they made other Buick Regals with the same powertrain. Had I known, I might have waited a while until I stumbled upon an 87 Limited that I liked. I really like the signal light on the lower front quarter panels and the limo lights. That is what makes these particular turbo Regals real sleepers.

I like sleepers. I have always thought that was the way to go, since I was a little kid, and that's been quite a while ago. Unfortunately for me I was not able to find one equipped with an Astro-Roof and leather except for the black one that I have now. I was aware of it within a couple weeks of looking, but kept on looking for a different color. After several months I thought I better get this one since it seemed that it would not only be the only one with the equipment but also it might be difficult to get one at all. Due to it's color, most uninformed and some that are a little more familiar, mistake it for a GN. As we all know, all GNs are 10 second cars. That makes it difficult to play the sleeper role. I have put some effort into keeping it as mild mannered appearing as I could, given the nature of the beast. I did give into the urge to put Stage 2 emblems on the front fenders, and also Stage 2 license Plates. I figure those that know, know. Those that don't, are blissfully ignorant. I would like to point out that the front fender cornering lights were not available with the black trim. They were only an option with the bright trim. They operate with the turn signals and really do light up that area.

Yea cornering lamps on limiteds are somewhat rare and opera lights are VERY rare. The two in combo makes it all together rarer since you could only order opera lights on turbo limiteds (the only turbo car you could order operas on). Regular non turbo regal limiteds could have opera lights and cornering lamps but they aren't turbo of course. One thing you might find cool about limiteds including the carbed ones is the passenger side dash rectangle outline lights up green when you have the headlights on. Probably less than 10% of the 1035 were equipped with opera lights. and who knows how many of those still exist. I even know a person that had a t-limited with opera lights and FILLED THEM IN..... The rarest combo i have ever seen was a rosewood limited with a half vinyl top and operas with leather interior, it was uber-grandpa. about 3 months ago I went to speed-world in phoenix on a wednesday. The lady at the gate said only 18 people were racing. FIVE were turbo limiteds and one was a WE4. What are the odds... 3 limiteds blew up including me haha. I drained my radiator into the # 6 . One other also blew a head gasket and the last guy blew out his bearings in his turbo. Ill try to upload two articles on my car that were featured in two of the mid 1990's Buick Bugle magazines. Some cool old info.

I'm a new owner of a silver Limited w/ WO2 , 45/45 gray leather. I wanted something different for my 10th Turbo Buick. Soon the Stage II motor will be going in!

My Limited can run in the tens.

Can your Limited "Leagally" run 10s on an NHRA track? I don't think I'll be complying. I'll play the easy leave game and keep it slower than 11.5 and 135, until the last run. Then I'll decide if I want to get kicked. Sometimes it best to avoid gettin em pissed off, if you are ever thinking of DSCF2720.jpgDSCF2675.jpg2005_0517LTDshop0016.jpg2005_0517LTDshop0044.jpg2005_0517LTDshop0055.jpgplanning a return trip. It reflects poorly on the other club members that may be attending that day and even later. But sometimes you just gotta go for it.

Mine's been 10.58, with more on tap.

NHRA legal, no, but I have the time slips prove it.:biggrin:

Buick profile 4.jpg

Limited

I have a 87 turbo-t Limited. The color is Dark Red Metallic. It has the Tan Leather interior. Miles are 35,000 and drive it at least 4 times a month. The only mods are a Meese 15 stretch intcooler, hot wire kit, adj fuel pressure. Everything is is stock condition. I love the Chrome package that you do not see on cars today. You do not get the notority as the GN'S get but all hell breakes loose when someone wants to challange you and they drop their jaw in disbelief that they were just beat by a socalled Grampa looking Regal. You got to love it.

Limited

I have a 87 turbo-t Limited. The color is Dark Red Metallic. It has the Tan Leather interior. Miles are 35,000 and drive it at least 4 times a month. The only mods are a Meese 15 stretch intcooler, hot wire kit, adj fuel pressure. Everything is is stock condition. I love the Chrome package that you do not see on cars today. You do not get the notority as the GN'S get but all hell breakes loose when someone wants to challange you and they drop their jaw in disbelief that they were just beat by a socalled Grampa looking Regal. You got to love it.

here are some pics of mine

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 8442130090_large.jpg
    8442130090_large.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 248
I have a 40,000 mile original paint beater:wink:I love the sleeper status of these cars.
Kevin

Attachments

• My Cars 002.jpg
    My Cars 002.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 259
  • My T 002.jpg
    My T 002.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 252
  • T Type 003.jpg
    T Type 003.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 257
  • T Type 004.jpg
    T Type 004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 254
  • T Type 011.jpg
    T Type 011.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 258
Mine is black with leather and is tuned, new pictures can be seen in the April 2012 GM High Tech Performance. :cool:

TomShea, What all is going on with your trunk & the extra instrumentation/controls?

Thanks
~JM~

TSR Switch Fuel

TomShea, What all is going on with your trunk & the extra instrumentation/controls?

Thanks
~JM~

The trunk houses a "ProPain" system. Propane injection designed by Jay Carter. The "ProPain" control is the little box on top of the consol. Propane has a good latent heat of vaporization and good octane. Similar effects to the alcohol injection. I have one of Julio's kits for this car that I have not yet installed. I hope to make some comparisons when I finally do. It now also has a large Sub box for the stereo, so the propane tank has been relocated as close to the left as possible to make room on the forward parcel shelf. The fuel cell in the spare tire well is for VP C-16 and is part of the (Tom Shea Racing) (TSR Switch Fuel System). I have been doing these for about 20 years. The fuel system you saw mounted on the aluminum plate in front of the gas tank under the car where the original stock crossflow muffler was is the guts of the system. There are 2, 1500 HP pumps that are used, one at a time, depending on what source, either the tank 92 octane pump gas or the cell for VP C-16. The controls are under the right side of the dash. Just 2 electrical toggle switches. They control the pumps and the return switcher separately, allowing for a slight delay between switching to purge the loop. I can also pump fuel from one source to the other for a specific mix or to empty either or both. I have been giving the tech away for free if you are interested. I can also help you do it yourself, but I like to work in my own shop.

Here's some pictures of my white lightning:) and it goes tens

Attachments

• cover 687.jpg
    cover 687.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 150
  • cover 696.jpg
    cover 696.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 157
  • cover 691.jpg
    cover 691.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 136
Gregs LTD 4.jpgmotrout.jpgPicture 001 (2).jpgRegalWindowStickerGrayscale.jpg

I have 2. The 2 tone's bill of sale was $19,333.00 which I think is the highest so far. SSGN is much the same except for the cornering lights. I hope that car is going to a new owner in the spring. (BH).
The grey LTD WO2 I have had a rod knock so I replaced the motor. It also is grey leather.

I have 2. The 2 tone's bill of sale was $19,333.00 which I think is the highest so far. SSGN is much the same except for the cornering lights. I hope that car is going to a new owner in the spring. (BH).
The grey LTD WO2 I have had a rod knock so I replaced the motor. It also is grey leather.

I LOVE those polished stock wheels!