how many hot airs?

Man August 2001, this is an old thread. Only shows how many of us hot air owners and board members have fallen along the way. Can we get another role call? I'll start it off. Still Hot Air with a best Et of 12.27 @ 113.XX mph with a crappy 2.015 60ft. Consistantly runs 12.30's @ 111.xx mph all day (need some new tires). Hot Airs are coming along thanks to some ground breaking tech and R&d right here on this board.

ROLE CALL Y'ALL

I am staying Hot Air. My car is tuned and it is really fast but I do not go to the track in order to get some time slips. I dropped the boost down from 20lbs to 16lbs and richened the fuel to 10.8 to 1 in order to be safe. I finally have my car tuned and there is no way I am going to blow it up. The final key for me was changing the plugs from 2 stages colder to one stage colder and gapping them at 33. This along with advancing the timing two degrees really made a huge difference. Based on my mods. I should be capable of twelves but I will never find out. Reason? Cannot afford a blow up as I am looking at paying for college for my son next fall. Take-care- Brad

Hot air here too. Been hot air off and on since around 91' or so. Currently have a 84 GN all stock and 84 regal with a carbed turbo set up.

85 gn frame-off. Hot Air all the way!! :D No time slips...kinda agree with Brad. I might run it once or twice someday just to see what it could do.
---Keith

I am staying Hot Air. My car is tuned and it is really fast but I do not go to the track in order to get some time slips. I dropped the boost down from 20lbs to 16lbs and richened the fuel to 10.8 to 1 in order to be safe. I finally have my car tuned and there is no way I am going to blow it up. The final key for me was changing the plugs from 2 stages colder to one stage colder and gapping them at 33. This along with advancing the timing two degrees really made a huge difference. Based on my mods. I should be capable of twelves but I will never find out. Reason? Cannot afford a blow up as I am looking at paying for college for my son next fall. Take-care- Brad

85 gn frame-off. Hot Air all the way!! :D No time slips...kinda agree with Brad. I might run it once or twice someday just to see what it could do.
---Keith

I understand you guys fear. But my question would be, what's the difference in running your car wide open on the street @ whatever boost you want vs running at the track @ whatever boost you want as long as you don't see KR? While it may be your personal preference that rational is not valid at all. None the less I am happy you guys are still Hot Air and love your cars.

84 GN and still Hot-Air with a few mods as well :cool: I'm not sure if I plan on racing my car, since we don't have a race track anymore, but the outer island do, I guess I'm like Brad, just want to drive and enjoy the car :D

I understand you guys fear. But my question would be, what's the difference in running your car wide open on the street @ whatever boost you want vs running at the track @ whatever boost you want as long as you don't see KR? While it may be your personal preference that rational is not valid at all. None the less I am happy you guys are still Hot Air and love your cars.

Boostmaster- I agree with your comment. I can go to the track on my safe tune and not blow it up. I probabaly should use my G-Force meter and get an idea of my current tune. Going to the track would kill a whole day which I cannot afford due to work requirements. Take-care- Brad

one of the last 99% stock hotairs here, and looking to keep it that way. just can't bring myself to chop up something that is becoming a rarer with every cold air conv. Got all the oil leaks finally fixed looking to get some track #'s next spring, cause winter is rolling in fast here now and its going into storage here shortly...

I have a true hot air 84' T Type I just got done a full body and paint resto. I did change the color. The only problem is the POS won't run now! I'm still pulling my hair out with this one while my 87' GN runs like a champ :rolleyes: The 84' is BONE stock except for a stall, catback and air filter.

I guess the bottom line is, no one on this board leaves their hot-airs stock. My first hot-air ran a 14.5 at Byron with some mods. The pedigree of that car was questionable, it doesn't matter... a drunk driver killed that car.
My new car ran a best of 13.4 with the same mods and the driver lifting at 3/4 track. That was before most of my upgrades. We'll see what she runs soon! She should be well into the 12's, I've just got to break this darn engine in first!
From the looks of these posts; the idea that hot-airs are slow is a bunch of b.s. My '85 will still beat a new Corvette! I love it, 3600 pounds and still kickin' ass! After all, isn't that why we're all here?
Knowing now what I do, I look back. I really wish I would have raced that cocky son of a bitch in his Porsche. On a dark country road, I could have handed him his ass on a platter; up until a point!
He was a cocky father of one of my friends, he challanged me to a race... Damn, to go back 15 years and kick his ass! Oh well, there will be more fish to fry down the road! Bring on he Mustangs!!!

All Hot-Air havent decided if I wnat to intercooler or not. should be running low 13's high 12's

still hotair here. best of 11.8 @ 115 at 19 deg. of timing. should have a better time in two weeks. going to the track with more tunning and high timing.

My '85 hot air is my daily driver (50 miles per day M-F). Has '86 Ign., ECM, chip by Turbo Tweaked, blue top injectors, LT1 mass air, Poston headers, Spearco intercooler for hot air (in the attic waiting to be installed) someday soon.

Never ran my 85 cause the trans is crap, anything above 1/2 throttle causes big delay and slip between shifts so a drag strip would be a waste and just piss me off. Car has new motor with 2500 miles on it, it has a KB cold air, gutted cat and some cat back system, adjustable FP regulator and a chip from i have no clue who. It runs 17lbs of boost clean except when shifting gears. The guy who had it before me (and blew head gaskets) ran 14.4 @96 with a peg leg. It has a new posi nowso hope to imporve on those times some when trans gets done.

Havn't posted in a while here...but still a true Hot-Air here...No times, but Mod's are in my Sig.

John

My 84 GN has no mods, and everything is all original except the heater core that I bought from Autozone 4 years ago, and the stereo. It does have new paint and headliner also. Less than 70,000 miles and was driving it daily until the new paint. Now if I drive a GN to work it is my 87. Maybe next summer I'll start to drive the new paint a little bit.