How many European members and your car

turboadict

As an after thought to my previous post, how many European members are out there and how about a bit about your car - where you got it, how it runs, pictures etc.

Me, again, soon, hopefully.

Till then.

Attachments

• Avon Park 1992 four GN's.jpg
    Avon Park 1992 four GN's.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 103
  • MoPar Nats four GN's 1999 perhaps 2000 -4.jpg
    MoPar Nats four GN's 1999 perhaps 2000 -4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 101
  • MoPar Nats 98 4-4.jpg
    MoPar Nats 98 4-4.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 110
Scotland.

In the first picture, taken in 92 there is the Stage1 GS convertible, the GNX, the 87 GN that was owned by a US Navy serviceman who was based here, my 87 GN and then nearest the 87 GN that went to Spain.

In the second picture, there is Colin's GNX, my 87 GN, my friend Dave,who lived around the corner from me's 86 GN and at the back, Ian, the original poster of this thread's, 87 GN.

In the last photo, it is the same four cars. Iam used his reversing lights as amber rear indicators, Dave fitted Euro spec 81-83 tail lamps with the amber section, and Colin and I ran around with our illegal US red rear brake light indicators. The red lamps hanging under the bumpers are fog lights for, em, driving in fog.

Here's my 87 GN at Avon Park.

And Colin's GNX racing in 2008 at Santa Pod.

Attachments

• Turning & Burning 4.jpg
    Turning & Burning 4.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Mopar Nats 2008.jpg
    Mopar Nats 2008.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 109
Hello,what type of response would you get from people in general and the boy racers out there when they would see you giving it a go down the speedway.

I bought mine in 1990. It had 11,000kms on the clock. I sold it in 2003 with nearly 100,000kms on it. It had over 600 quarter mile runs on it over the years. I grew up with it and the learning curve on these cars through the nineties as to what made them run good.

In 1990, nobody knew what they were. There were very few hot hatches about, but the V8 musclecar guys hated it because it didn't make a lot of noise and shake the ground when it passed and yet would run away from them (mostly) on the track.

My greatest success ever was putting down a 528ci hemi 1970 'cuda on the track. Very pleased with that as the hemi owner, while a nice guy, was your typical hemi/Mopar owner, and to be chopped by a 245hp V6 really bit him badly.

Good times indeed. You do realise Sandy, that I hold you partially responsible for my addiction. Hope your car arrives soon and you can get it ready for the Mopar Nats this year.
I suppose you're still waiting on the 10 sec motor install.

The attatchment (if I've done this right) shows my car on the right and Andy's at last years Billing event.

Looking forward to this year - just need to sort the slipping trans.

Attachments

• Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 73
Oh great!!!!!!!!! it's going to be faster isn't it.:eek:

Great to have you back on the forums again. I'll have to visit more often now.

There have been some delays due to Andy's work (the Chevrolet dealer closed) and him getting Nissan trained. Then he was in hospital, as was I, and time just slips by.

Sadly, the pound has also slipped against the dollar adding to costs, but hopeful as ever some miracle will happen.

The plan is new engine/trans/brakes/axle/roll cage in by mid March and on the boat as soon after as possible ...

Em .... :D Something not quite right there ... ;)