How many astro roofs were made

According to Kirban, there were 2,560 Regals made with Astroroofs in 1987. That number includes all Regals (turbo and non-turbo). He said GM did not keep exact figures for how many were GN's or other Turbo Regals. One thing is for sure, they are pretty rare.

According to Kirban, there were 2,560 Regals made with Astroroofs in 1987. That number includes all Regals (turbo and non-turbo). He said GM did not keep exact figures for how many were GN's or other Turbo Regals. One thing is for sure, they are pretty rare.

I have an ASC done roof, they did a few. I don't know how many they did, not impressed with the install.

I believe there is no for sure production number. Kinda like the the Suncoupes, no one really knows how many were converted to a suncoupe.

-Adam

A suncoupe is a 72 Skylark that had a manual astro roof. It was a vinyl top that you pushed back and was a kind of moonroof.

I'd think SOME of you Buick guys would know something about the Skylarks...:confused:

Here's a few pictures of Matt Gordon's Suncoupe

2j2yn2c.jpg

300famp.jpg

There's a guy that goes to a local cruise night with one of those. Pretty funky.

They remind me of what VW did with the bugs "sunroof".

For the astroroof being "so" rare in '87, it sure seems that we have a bunch of them! I personally wouldn't have a GN without it, as long as I don't ever have to take one out to replace the weather strip again!

The nova's werent called suncoupes, but I believe they just had a top that was retractable but wasnt dubbed the Suncoupe, like the Buick was.

We may be off topic, but people are still learning about something.

-Adam

I believe a friend of mine still has the Astro roof assembly from his wrecked GN. It has only 8,000 miles on it. If anyone is interested I'll call him and see if he wants to part with it. It's the only thing he has left from his GN. :(

I believe a friend of mine still has the Astro roof assembly from his wrecked GN. It has only 8,000 miles on it. If anyone is interested I'll call him and see if he wants to part with it. It's the only thing he has left from his GN. :(

I've been looking for the grey interior trim piece for the astroroof, if he'd separate it?

Anyone know how many astroroof 87 GNs we made?
I can't answerthat question asked about 8 years ago. As of today'so date when I'm posting this comment I have a '87 with a working ASTRO roof for sale if anyone is interested reply and I'll try to get back to you