How many 87 black T's with wo2 package with chrome bumpers??

lib87t

GAME OVER
I have a 87 turbo t, paint code is black, has the w02 blackout package but the build date is before the WE4's were released. It looks like a we4 but it had chrome bumpers. I'm just wandering about how many was produced since it wasn't offered this way very long and if anyone else on here has one? Mine has grey interior, buckets, dig dash. RPO also shows alum bumper brackets front and rear. It did have a open diff but I put a eaton in it.

I had one around 1998 all original car.
A black 87 Turbo T with W02 black out trim and chrome bumper was only available for first 2 months of 1987 production.
Maybe 150 such cars or less produced.
Starting in Oct /Nov of 86 If you wanted a black Turbo T you had to buy all black WE4 Turbo T with black bumpers.

My build daye on the door sticker is 9/86 my rpo sticker in trunk shows w02 and front and rear alum bumper brackets it was also a open diff car but i put a eaton carrier in it

I have one also. This has been discussed here before, there are some old threads about it. Seems there are certainly less than 200 or so. Doesn't seem to mean much if anything in terms of value.

Bumpers on mine have been painted black. Bye bye chrome....

I have one also. This has been discussed here before, there are some old threads about it. Seems there are certainly less than 200 or so. Doesn't seem to mean much if anything in terms of value.

Bumpers on mine have been painted black. Bye bye chrome....

I have black bumpers on mine and put the chrome ones on the side, My hood ornament was also removed and holes filled back in the day, someone wanted the GN look I assume. Do you know when the 87 production started?? Mine is 9/86. I'm not looking for info in terms of value, just think its pretty neat. I tried doing a search but the search on here is not working for me. Can you post a pic of your car and some of the options it has?

image.jpg Don't know when the 87 model year started. Same thing with mine on the hood ornament. It was filled in long ago. Doesn't have many options.... G80 posi, aluminum bumper supports, wO2, manual windows and locks.

View attachment 279527 Don't know when the 87 model year started. Same thing with mine on the hood ornament. It was filled in long ago. Doesn't have many options.... G80 posi, aluminum bumper supports, wO2, manual windows and locks.

mine was open diff,alum bumper brackets, power widows and locks, wo2, rear defrost. When I bought mine in 96 I assumed it was a WE4 car, I didn't know anything about reading rpo's then.

model year production years for gms started sept 01 .. so for 87s that would be sept 1 1986 . the 87 regal model year ran to aug 31 1987 but because of popularity and all the standing orders for gNs they made history by extending the production of GNs until dec 11 1987 . by all rights the sept 01 1987 through dec 11 1987 cars should have been labeled as 1988 models (the montes and olds produced then were labeled as 1988 models ) but that would have been a hard to let them out as 88s since they had announced 1987 as the last year of the gn with the gnx to go out on a bang

as far as the bumpers all Ts got aluminum supports it wasnt an option or special ,,the GN got steel supports and many have been swapped out for the lighter aluminum over the years

posi was an option except on the GNs built during the extended model year when the posi became standard with the GN (and they increased the price accordingly for the WE2 pkg)
non posi would receive alum drums , posi got steel drums except on the Gnx
many changed out the alum for steel when they needed replacement and many changed out the steel for alums for weight savings .
kirbansperformance will have brand new aluminum drums available soon

Last edited:
model year production years for gms started sept 01 .. so for 87s that would be sept 1 1986 . the 87 regal model year ran to aug 31 1987 but because of popularity and all the standing orders for gNs they made history by extending the production of GNs until dec 11 1987 . by all rights the sept 01 1987 through dec 11 1987 cars should have been labeled as 1988 models (the montes and olds produced then were labeled as 1988 models ) but that would have been a hard to let them out as 88s since they had announced 1987 as the last year of the gn with the gnx to go out on a bang

as far as the bumpers all Ts got aluminum supports it wasnt an option or special ,,the GN got steel supports and many have been swapped out for the lighter aluminum over the years

posi was an option except on the GNs built during the extended model year when the posi became standard with the GN (and they increased the price accordingly for the WE2 pkg)
non posi would receive alum drums , posi got steel drums except on the Gnx
many changed out the alum for steel when they needed replacement and many changed out the steel for alums for weight savings .
kirbansperformance will have brand new aluminum drums available soon
OK, I have a question on body codes, mines a j47 which is base regal, but I seen that they had a t type body code also. whats that about?/