How long of a wait for parts is acceptable?

veedubcrazy

I ordered some LCA's from a vendor here and it has been close to 2 1/2 weeks and still nothing. I have called and got a semi-answer, even pm'ed and got no return on that.

Just wanting to know...Thanx...

Is he vendor returning your calls or e-mails?
Hot Air

The first time I called, I was given the reason that the LCA's are is the process of being welded together and there were plenty of longer-than-stcok arms but I dont need those. Now granted, that was one week in and I could understand that.

I am not one to drag it into the open as to who the vendor is here. I pm'ed them yesterday and asked for them to check into the status. The reply was, I will check and see". That came today and have not gotten a follow up on it. Okay, willing to give the benefit of the doubt but dang, if they are not in stock, just tell me...

if he told you they were being welded, it'd take some time for them to be prepped, coated, etc. it's probablly a good part, i'd give it 30 days if he is working on it. i'm sure he doesn't have 4,000 of them in stock.

i'm pretty sure i know who you are talking about, i bought some stuff from him at BG last year- he was out of stock and i got it in about 30 days. ordered some other stuff later, got it in 3 days. if it's who i'm thinking of, you have no worries, just hurry up and wait.:(

i've gotten to where i always ask, is it in stock, is it drop shipped or can everything come in one box, how will it ship, and when. if you're able to even get him on the phone, then your ahead of the game....

oh yeah, flame suit on :)

If you have tried to contact the vendor but he won't reply, then send him an e-mail or PM and tell him to cancel the order. Then stop payment on the check, withdraw the PayPal payment, or refuse the credit card charge when it comes. Then refuse the shipment when it finally arrives. Go elsewhere for the product. You don't have to accept this total lack of communication and honesty from this vendor. I don't have a clue who this vendor is but they need to act like a real vendor...or get out of the business!
Conrad

Give him at least another week before you name names. But keep calling and stay on him. The last post I remember like this lasted all summer.

I am not so sure how long it takes to respond to an email but it has been almost 2 hours since the last one. I will have to call now...:confused:

I did pay thru paypal so I think I have some recourse...

Ah, progress. Even in the form of email... By the end of this week or the beginning of next week the order will go out. It was explained to me in terms I could easily understand and it made sense. :smile: