Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 1-8 months

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • still going strong 2 or more years

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
There are way too many variables to give an actuall cost $. Do you want it bored, heads ported & polished, stainless valves, forged pistons, o-ringed heads? Are you pulling the engine or is your mech doing it? Do you want them to detail the engine bay or not?

You could spend as little as $2000 for a freshening and easily up to $7000 for a girdled, steel mained, je pistons, champion ported irons etc...

I think hartline has a banner on this page. I gave you harpers address. Let me know if you want contact info for the others

10 years and 90,000 miles. All OEM except for studs on the mains. Do it yourself if you want to know for sure everything is right. my .02

I ordered an engine from ATK and it should arrive at the shop on Friday or Monday.
I will let everyone know how it goes

FRANKIEz

I voted 1-8 monthss, but it's still going...what sucks is it is (was) my daily driver

Chances are you are probably not going to get the correct turbo spec'd engine...Most likely it will not have the turbo crank(99.9% sure it won't)...Probably not the correct pistons or headgaskets either......That is if ATK is a mass re-manufacturer like Jasper's, Recon, etc...

Good luck...

NONE of the Mass ReBuilders-ATK, Jaspers, ect., now use the Turbo Cranks, they use CAST pistons & heres the REAL scary part "REGULAR" Non-Fireringed headgaskets!!! This is from a Friend whos a Higher up at Jaspers!!

Thats Great !!

Originally posted by OldGrayII
NONE of the Mass ReBuilders-ATK, Jaspers, ect., now use the Turbo Cranks, they use CAST pistons & heres the REAL scary part "REGULAR" Non-Fireringed headgaskets!!! This is from a Friend whos a Higher up at Jaspers!!

my motor needs rings... i'm gonna take my motor out and send it to jack..

Frankie...Check the crank for rolled filletts!!!! If it doesn't have them send it back (at their expense) and tell them it IS NOT a turbo motor, and explain the differences.

It sounds like your motor wasn't built correctly, but without a machine shop[ breaking it down and investigating what went wrong, its not really fair to say. Any motor can wipe a flat tappet cam and take out the motor, and that's no ones fault except the cam manufacturer. I've been very vocal in here about breaking in motors at the track, especially if you've built a race motor. If the motor has been built correctly, 3 or 4 1/4 mile blasts with zero detonation should tell you if it was built correctly, and seat the rings. There is no reason why a well built motor should blow up with hard break ins.

Heck, when I went to some local automotive machine shops looking for a good turbo crank, they had no idea that there was a difference in the cranks...Their books pulled up the same part number for the NA and turbo cranks...I had to explain what to look for and out of the several reground cranks that they had on the shelf, they had one turbo crank...Needless to say, they ain't got it anymore!!!! Also, called them back a few months ago to see if another one slipped in and picked it up as well!!! :D First one I bought was $155 ground 010/010... But they charged me more for the second one($200, also ground 010/010) than the first one :( Oh well...hmmm...maybe it's time to check with them again... ;) Never can have too many good turbo cranks... :D :D :D

Good TR Cranks are like Money in the Bank!! They are VERY quickly becoming a VERY rare comodity. From what I've seen & been told, more than 50% of ther rebuilds coming in now (from Reputable shops) have Cranks with BAD thrust bearings, making them little more than an attractive PAPERWEIGHT!!