How is she running let me know

2toneregal

Looking for some input on how she is running. I think I have fixed all my vacuum leakes
I have a scanmaster 2.0

753-773 think the lowest I seen it jump was in the 500s
Af 05
L8 34
Bat 13.8
Int 128
Bl 142
Cle 159
Ats 67
R 800-850 jumps around
Tps 142
Iac 18
Nal 00

Tell me what's wrong please and thanks

If these readings were taken at idle, then I'd say that the TPS is too high, the IAC is a bit low, and you cant believe the O2 numbers at idle. There just isn't enough heat to make them read accurate. A good starting point for O2s at wide open throttle, would be to have them right around 800, while in third gear, above eighty mph. The O2 reading will actualy read a bit different at different mphs, as the sensor heats up. A good (safe) run may look like this on your scanmaster.

approx O2s at WOT.

at 30 mph--860
at 50 mph--840
at 70 mph--820
at 90+ mph--800

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Adjusting the TPS

This site I posted has lots to read. You can also search how to adjust your IAC. While your reading, check out "spring cleaning" and "recipes".

Let us know how you do.

Mike Barnard

BLMs at 142 look high which may indicate a vacuum leak and the ECM will be adding fuel if I have my theory right.
The TT chip limits the BLMs to 142. I had this with my car too. I recently changed out the turbo/intercooler and fitted new TT alky chip. BLMs now sit at 132 at idle.That was after a couple of years of chasing BLMs that sat between 137 -142 at idle.

If these readings were taken at idle, then I'd say that the TPS is too high, the IAC is a bit low, and you cant believe the O2 numbers at idle. There just isn't enough heat to make them read accurate. A good starting point for O2s at wide open throttle, would be to have them right around 800, while in third gear, above eighty mph. The O2 reading will actualy read a bit different at different mphs, as the sensor heats up. A good (safe) run may look like this on your scanmaster.

approx O2s at WOT.

at 30 mph--860
at 50 mph--840
at 70 mph--820
at 90+ mph--800

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Do you have success running a mixture that rich?

My car acts like a turd around 820 mv's and anything over that it will spit, sputter ,pop and fall completely on its face. I know every car is a lil different but mine will simply not run with that much fuel..............

Just curious ......:cool:

At WOT around 50, I am getting around 825mv. His readings I would say are normal. That is, if you are running straight fuel and no alky. Also, OP, if you don't mind me jacking the thread, but what would cause a BL if lower than 125, around 118?

Thanks
Zack

Do you have success running a mixture that rich?

My car acts like a turd around 820 mv's and anything over that it will spit, sputter ,pop and fall completely on its face. I know every car is a lil different but mine will simply not run with that much fuel..............

Just curious ......:cool:

If your car is tuned for 800s above 90 mph as shown above in my post, and your engine is poping and sputtering. It's not doing it because it's too rich. You have other problems. Wrong plugs, bad plug(s), plug wires, coilpack, cam sensor, etc.

This was not my secret recipee for making the most power. This was my secret recipee for a good place to start, while making changes and learning to tune.;)

Mike Barnard

Glad you added that last bit about where to start (correct o2s), Mike. My car runs 750 at WOT, but that is with alky and alky chip!

If your car is tuned for 800s above 90 mph as shown above in my post, and your engine is poping and sputtering. It's not doing it because it's too rich. You have other problems. Wrong plugs, bad plug(s), plug wires, coilpack, cam sensor, etc.

This was not my secret recipee for making the most power. This was my secret recipee for a good place to start, while making changes and learning to tune.;)

Mike Barnard

I got ya Mike thanks.....I missed the "over 90mph" my car is tuned right around 780-810 at WOT from 1st thats where it likes to be.........basically 840 plus mv's from a dig it falls over.

Thanks

approx O2s at WOT.

at 30 mph--860
at 50 mph--840
at 70 mph--820
at 90+ mph--800

Let me clarify something here.

If your O2s look anything like what I have posted above, this DOES NOT mean that it's running rich down low and leaning out on the top end. All this represents is that a narrow band O2 sensor is a POS. As the sensor heats up, the number comes down. Even if the Air Fuel Ratio stays the same. If you say that your O2s are at 800ish at 30 mph(@WOT), then they will be showing approx 740s at 90 mph. This is too lean. This is why you tune for your O2s at the top of third gear. If you look at most of the people here that are making any power, they tune with a wide band O2 sensor. If I tune my car for around a 11 to 1 AF ratio on the wide band. This works out to about a 770 in third gear on the narrow band. If you tune with a narrow band O2 sensor, you need to give your self a bigger cushion for tuning. As the the data your getting is not as much, and not very accurate. The main thing is, sneak up on the tune slowly, and watch for KR.

Hope this helps.

Mike Barnard

Ok I adjusted the tps it's now reading .44-.46 at idle but I'm having a hard time locating the iac help me

Ok I adjusted the tps it's now reading .44-.46 at idle but I'm having a hard time locating the iac help me
The TPS and IAC should be adjusted at the same time. As adjusting one, can effect the other. The IAC is adjusted threw the throttle blade screw. Procedures for doing this should be on the site that I posted. Also, your TPS should be adjusted for idle and WOT (not running of coarse). What does your TPS show at WOT?

Mike B.

The TPS and IAC should be adjusted at the same time. As adjusting one, can effect the other. The IAC is adjusted threw the throttle blade screw. Procedures for doing this should be on the site that I posted. Also, your TPS should be adjusted for idle and WOT (not running of coarse). What does your TPS show at WOT?

Mike B.

With car off it reads .42 at idle and 4.60 at wot

I saw the write up on the iac but couldn't locate the sensor under the hood and I looked at the sensor diagram

TPS looks good now. The IAC is on the front/ bottom side of the throttle body.

Mike B.