How important are the injector clips?

87GN&98VET

I just installed some 009 injectors and was stupid enough not to lubricate the new o-rings on the injectors prior to installation. The injectors appear to be fully seated in the intake but are off a little on the rail because the clip that goes around the injector and the rail is off by about 1/8". There are no leaks. Should I worry about it or go through the hastle and do it all over again?

Not sure what you mean by "off 1/8". But here's what I'd recommend. Pull the fuel rail and injectors and lubricate the Orings. Re install.
And No, if the fuel rail is properly fastened down, the clips serve no purpose once the rail is installed.

I just meant that I can not get the injectors up into the rail far enough so that the slots in the clip cover the edge of the rail. The edge of the rail seems to be about 1/8" away from the slot in the clip (the clip is attached to the injector, but 1/8" away from attaching to the rail).

The rail is fastened down and the injectors are not loose. I thought the clips would be used only for factory assembly and not to dictate how far the injector should protrude into the rail.:confused:

FWIW, when I used the 30# version of the 009 (greenstripes), I had the same issue. Clips would not fit. I asked about it on here and one or two others said they had the problem as well. Might be worth pulling the injectors just to lube the o-rings and have peace of mind.

That's exactly what I did yesterday. I had to replace a couple of the o-rings with ones off the stock injectors because the new ones ripped, but overall everything went a lot smoother and I slept a lot better last night too. Thanks for all the replies.