How good are 009's

corymc

yeah i have a set of new 009's and am in need of a turbo but dont know how much turbo i can with them. I was looking at like a gt 6152 but it seems like they are not enough injector for it.my car is pretty much stock with a rebuild about 20k ago. just want to get turbo, dp, and get the feul system set up for wha ti want to do this spring. im hoping to get like in 11's or so and will mainly drive the car around for fun when i feel lik eit and take it to the track when i feel like it too. I just want to go.

009's

I run 009's, with a pte52 turbo. best time to date is 11.74 @ 119.9 mph. With a turbotweak chip there is no tipin either. My duty cycle was way high and I'm going bigger on injectors later. But for now they work ok. The only reason it wasn't a low 11 is due to the crappy 60 times I run.

turbo todd said:
I run 009's, with a pte52 turbo. best time to date is 11.74 @ 119.9 mph. With a turbotweak chip there is no tipin either. My duty cycle was way high and I'm going bigger on injectors later. But for now they work ok. The only reason it wasn't a low 11 is due to the crappy 60 times I run.

no more than 120 mph for Stepan's first setup
if you have a alcool injection like razor kit you can go faster

Claude

11's are easy. 009's will wor wonders at down to mid 11's. With a DP and an upgraded IC this is real easy. Here is what I would do.

1 Fuel pump. Reds XP or Walbro 340.
2 Hot wire fuel pump
3 adjustable FPR
4 good valve springs
5 Scan tool

These item alone with tuning and good chip with your 009's will get you towards the 12.2 range with everything else stock. Now to go into the 11's easy.

DP and good exhaust. I hate cats so it is gone.
IC upgrade. Either stock with dutweiler neck or a good stock location.
since this is a mostly street car I would go with a TA49. This turbo with a stock convertor 009's and good tuning will put you 11's. I have been 11.75 with decent tunning on street tires and alchy with this above setup.

Ta49 is a great turbo and is a great street manner tubo.

Hope this helps.

they are 42.5#s and im new to all the fi stuff but i bought the 009s thinking that they were good enough for me.