How fast with: single nozzle / single pump?

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
PLEASE POST TIMES & SET-UP.... I recently went 122mph in BG this year on 255/45-17 street tires and it was with a single nozzle and a single red armstrong XP pump. (and my hot wire kit wasn't hooked up:eek: ). Here is a small list of the settings:

Boost: 20lbs
Timming & WOT: 25deg
A/F & WOT: 11.5 -11.7

and i'm affraid of running out of fuel pump if i go any faster, If anyone needs more of my info just let me know. Thanks! Scot w.

WOW! 55 people viewed this in the ALKY section and knowone is running single nozzle / single pump??

I have a single older SMC pump, had a single nozzle M15 in it. (Now has dual M10's). I would think yours would be more than enough for 130mph+. Lotsa room to go....

I know you said single nozzle...But on a old smc Dual Nozzle and a single 307..:eek: (Didnt know it at the time)..I ran an 11.0@124.x...Crappy 60'(1.8) on bald 275-50-15 Nittos.At 19psi.

I put a 340 in and haven't been to the track yet...It looks like I will be doing Injectors soon if I want to go any faster...I was around 90% on the 55's.

Combo as follows....55's,206 Roller,Champion Heads and Intake,Te45-A,V4-R,3.5" downpipe running through the ATR Pitbull 2.5's.

Full weight car (3725 with me in it)

Im thinking about throwing in a Double pumper just to be on the safe side.

i went time in sig, single 340, single nozzle.
Nice times! I just need to do alittle more tuning and i should be right where i wanted the car at. Keep posting the times and combo's guy's! it helps everyone here who is starting out see what is capable with one pump & one nozzle... :biggrin: Scot w.

PLEASE POST TIMES & SET-UP.... I recently went 122mph in BG this year on 255/45-17 street tires and it was with a single nozzle and a single red armstrong XP pump. (and my hot wire kit wasn't hooked up:eek: ). Here is a small list of the settings:

Boost: 20lbs
Timming & WOT: 25deg
A/F & WOT: 11.5 -11.7

and i'm affraid of running out of fuel pump if i go any faster, If anyone needs more of my info just let me know. Thanks! Scot w.
Old thread, but are you still running RA XP pump. From a reliable source, they told me that I don't need a double pump that a single should support me into the low 10s with alky and 60# inj.

From a reliable source, they told me that I don't need a double pump that a single should support me into the low 10s with alky and 60# inj.
with plenty of volts depending on the weight of car,i don't see the point of doing that when simply adding on another nozzle is cheap and easy and now you have enough fuel for 9's.to me I like to see twin pumps or one big one on a single nozzle car running low 10s,i like a fuel cushion.

with plenty of volts depending on the weight of car,i don't see the point of doing that when simply adding on another nozzle is cheap and easy and now you have enough fuel for 9's.to me I like to see twin pumps or one big one on a single nozzle car running low 10s,i like a fuel cushion.
I'm sorry are you saying running dual nozzle with an single pump and volt booster should be sufficient for mid to low 10s? Per another thread I'm planning getting FRP gauge and a way to test pressure of my alky pump. I wanted a double pump and I was prepared to pay for, but the vendor insisted that I didn't need it for my goals, even though my car is 3800# with my fat azz in it. I talked to Julio about a way to test the pump pressure and he said he has something for me and I will also be replacing my 8 year old alky pump.