How Fast with a Flat Tappet Cam

KEVINS

I would suspect that most are running roller cams but I'm curious if anyone is running low 10's these days with a flat tappet cam and how large does it have to be to run this fast?

ks

Depends on the rest of your combo, but i just went 10.16 a week ago with crappy 60ft (still working on that) and limited boost
212 flat tappet
Baseline kit
I plan on running in the 9s shortly.

I have been 1.44 with your kit but only once so far, track prep sucks where i run.

So... how fast you gonna try to go? I may have a turnkey combo for sale:)
I'm just hoping to run 10's which the stock cam will do fine but I was curious how fast people have gone with a flat tappet. It seems that most switch directly to a roller these days and I can't say that I blame them.
I've been getting the bug for a 9 sec street car and if I was going to actually do this I'd get a turbo'd stang..

I've been getting the bug for a 9 sec street car and if I was going to actually do this I'd get a turbo'd stang..

Why would you even contemplate that??? You're already making STUPID POWER with 35 psi of Anti-Vacuume with your GN right?

lol.. Yea, but I've been wanting a 9 sec street car lately. Besides I could use it for a test bed for future part development.

ks

You have been into stangs for a long time now. I just googled something about suspension this morning and you were in one of the posts that was from 2001 on some Ford site.

Yea, that's about the start of the business but I've always dabbled in them for the last 25 years or so. The last one I owned was about 25 years ago and with everything I have developed for them I've never owned a car to use for mockup.

ks

I have seen the stock cam go 10.3's.
I can see that with the lighter T's and the right build. Too bad there aren't more out there doing it.

I'd change to a lower gear instead of a taller tire to keep the weight distribution more even for really hard launches.

ks

10.009 @130 mph on a production 4.1 block iron headed 216/218 some strange grind flat tappet
HTH
Prasad