how do use the ANS Boost Controller

Ron Coleman

hey guys...help

I dont know how to operate this thing. i just got it from a guy at work.....and he doesn't know how to use it either...lol

I'm surprized the vendor he bought it from can't help you guys out.

There is a good set of instructions available online, you can download them and that will have everything you need to sort it out. Is it hooked up and operational? I assume you mean the AMS-1000 controller by your original post.

There is also a "ans" controler that is out there altough Im not sure if they make it anymore.....

Let me look in the garage and see if I can find mine as I cant remeber how it hooks up :D

I know alot of the sy/ty people where using it....

he probably bought it off ebay, i just saw a ans BC sell. But it had no manuels or paper work. Which would also explain why he couldn't call a vender n ask.

Is that the ebay ANS BC?

thanks guys

i :( couldn't find the instructions on line
he had it in his garage for awhile and he came across it.....he said it belongs to his dad who died 7 years ago.

hope this helps...

I had one years ago. From what I remember, with the controller on and the switch in the ecm position the car should drive as normal with boost maxed out what you had before you had the controller. Flip the switch to "TC" and it us supposed to made the car spool faster an using the knob you can exceed your previous boost setting. For me if wastegate was set for 17psi, with knob all the way down it would restrict boost to 9psi and max out at like 19 or 21psi with knob all the way up. Oh and i think the on off switch was for plain ecm operation and to keep people from tinkering with the box with the flickering light.:)

Hi,

I have one of these on my GN; it uses a NOS solenoid instead of the stock WG bleeder to give me more boost.

Mode 1:
Switch "ON" and "TC" = "Total Control" turn Adjust knob and have fun

Mode 2:
Switch "ON" and "ECM" = whatever you have the rod set at

Mode 3: "Valet"
Switch "OFF" = "Valet Mode" - defaults to WG setting, turns off light to keep car idiotproof.

The LED marked "TC Rate" will blink in time with the WG solenoid action when in TC mode. I hid mine in the center console and ran the cable underneath it.
Hope this helps---

oh cool...i have to look at this thing a little more..i didn't see a nos solenoid..i really want to install this thing now!!

TY Drip Pan

No, no, I think you misunderstood; normally the ANS box uses the stock WG bleeder. When Bowling Green Customs sold these things waaaaay back when, one of the options you could get was a "high flow solenoid" which was a NOS solenoid that flowed more and hence, could produce higher boost levels. On my GN the NOS solenoid is mounted on the passenger side valve cover where the factory WG bleeder would normally go.