How do I test my fuel system

1QWIK6

Torque wins
I having a problem going to WOT. The car stumbles and falls on it's face.

The fuel pressure is 40 PSI (hose on).

I have Reds DP with 2 Walbro 307 Fuel pumps. (10 year old pumps)

Can I remove my fuel rail schrader valve and run a hose to a 5 gal container and count the time to fill it? Is this the best way to check if I have proper fueling with a load?

Best way I've found to test under load is to attach a FP guage with long braided hose to the end of fuel rail...tape the guage to the windshield...make a few WOT blasts...see if pressure drops off or doesn't go up accordingly...

Best way I've found to test under load is to attach a FP guage with long braided hose to the end of fuel rail...tape the guage to the windshield...make a few WOT blasts...see if pressure drops off or doesn't go up accordingly...

Yup! 1 lb pressure rise of fuel per 1 lb of boost increase. Also. whats your pressure with hose off the regulator? You should be pretty close as the pressure usually drops 5-6 lbs when the hose is put back on the regulator. Still a good idea to check.

Yup! 1 lb pressure rise of fuel per 1 lb of boost increase. Also. whats your pressure with hose off the regulator? You should be pretty close as the pressure usually drops 5-6 lbs when the hose is put back on the regulator. Still a good idea to check.

Pressure was with the hose on.

BTW: Hot wire kit is used too.

You set pressure with Hose Off Usually 43-44 for a Turbo Tweak chip but they all vary by the chip maker.

I having a problem going to WOT. The car stumbles and falls on it's face.

The fuel pressure is 40 PSI (hose on).

I have Reds DP with 2 Walbro 307 Fuel pumps. (10 year old pumps)

Can I remove my fuel rail schrader valve and run a hose to a 5 gal container and count the time to fill it? Is this the best way to check if I have proper fueling with a load?

You think it's running rich or lean QWIRK?

Have a scanmaster or WB02 to look at?

I'm just curious how one has nearly 5000 posts, and has this question :confused:

He comes here to discuss politics and not buicks, that's how it happens.... :rolleyes:

Yes it does make a difference when setting FP. You set it at idle, with the car warmed up and the vacuum hose off the regulator.

Do what was insisted previously in the thread and then come back to us with the results.