Draining my fuel tank by the fuel rail

DARTHV6

Hello folks,
I want to drain my tank. I remember I made a wire with an alligator clip on the end but I don't remember where both ends go. I think one went behind the alternator somewhere but I don't know where the other end goes. I'll get a long hose to go on the end of the fuel rail and drain until a few bubbles start coming out. I'll practice my safety but can anyone tell me exactly where my wires go?

Thanks much!
Art

One end to hot wire behind alternator and other end to brown wire near green wire drivers side near back of alternator..

One end to hot wire behind alternator and other end to brown wire near green wire drivers side near back of alternator..
Both on the alternator. Ok I though one on the alternator and the other lead somewhere else.
Great!
Thanks
Art

NO! Not both on the alternator. One end on the hot lead of the alternator and the other on the fuel pump prime connector which is usually hanging out of the conduit that runs along the drivers side of the engine and is NEAR the alternator. Bad picture but it shows the location. You’re just putting 12v to it to run the fuel pump.

Attachments

• F339738D-339F-4D8D-BD99-B0877E29731A.png
    F339738D-339F-4D8D-BD99-B0877E29731A.png
    1 MB · Views: 45
NO! Not both on the alternator. One end on the hot lead of the alternator and the other on the fuel pump prime connector which is usually hanging out of the conduit that runs along the drivers side of the engine and is NEAR the alternator. Bad picture but it shows the location. You’re just putting 12v to it to run the fuel pump.
Got it! And thanks for the picture. That helps. I’ve done it before...15 years ago and once then! Now I remember, I may have had a blade connection on one end? I’ll try it this afternoon.
Thanks!

Got it! And thanks for the picture. That helps. I’ve done it before...15 years ago and once then! Now I remember, I may have had a blade connection on one end? I’ll try it this afternoon.
Thanks!

Is this it? It’s a double wire that has a green connector. I just noticed a volt booster somebody put on for me
1FA93428-49A9-4D5A-A1D0-60622437CE9B.jpeg

The above green connection is my tac connection but I found the fuel pump connection so all is good now!