How do I get Tranny in neutral?

F8L WS6

Bought a project GN and I had trouble getting it on the flatbed because the wheels were locked. The shifter moved back and forth like it was disconnected from the trans so I assumed thats all it was. Got it home and finally got it up to where I could see what happened and found out that not only was the linkage disconnected, the entire valve body was removed out of it. :mad:

So I need to get it moved and was wondering if there was anyway I could get the transmission into neutral. I was trying to avoid pulling the driveshaft if possible and just taking down the pan but I don't know if there is anything in there I can move to put it into neutral.

Any help would be really great. Thanks in advance.

There is a manual linkage in the trans with a rod going back towrds the rear of the trans to engage the park pawl. rotate the linkage so the rod moves forward and it will disengage the pawl.

Make sure the wheels are blocked good before doing this. Just because a surface looks level dooe not mean it is. :eek:

Make sure the wheels are blocked good before doing this. Just because a surface looks level dooe not mean it is. :eek:

:eek:

Good call i'll make sure. Its not exactly level. I'm glad because its in my way and I didn't want to have to sell it if I can't get it moved!

Thanks so much for the help!!

I'll post back after its moved to let everyone know I made it out alive. :biggrin: