how do i get cast iron clean

mat231v6

painter
how do i get cast iron parts like calipers, spindles and so on clean? do i blast them and with what? any ideas?

Brake cleaner if on the car.... to do it right i would powder coat them to seal the rough castings......

aaron

I use heavy duty restaurant floor degreaser from Sam's club. Stuff works amazing. Kind of discovered it by accident one day because it was the only thing l had to use. Just be sure to wear rubber gloves. It starts to sting after awhile.

I use heavy duty restaurant floor degreaser from Sam's club. Stuff works amazing. Kind of discovered it by accident one day because it was the only thing l had to use. Just be sure to wear rubber gloves. It starts to sting after awhile.
If you look at the ingrediants it's got phosphoric acid in it. Same thing as Naval Jelly and the stuff I use.;)

Meant to say floor stripper, not degreaser. But Charlie's right. That little bit of phosphoric acid in there really does the trick.

i am trying to get the calipers and spindles this clean. i want them to look like new. i have the eastwood paint, but i dont want to use it. would bead blasting them work to make them look like new?

Attachments

• 169136_f7eaae887c_low_res.JPG
    169136_f7eaae887c_low_res.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 102